So near yet so far.

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Finfan, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Finfan

Finfan New Member

All right I have almost everything installed now except the muffler. The combined problem is that the muffler when installed will be right up against the motor mounts and that pipe is a lot stronger than it looks. I can't seem to find a way to apply enough leverage to bend the sucker a couple of degrees. I am open to suggestions!

One more thing: 6 HOUR INSTALL MY FUZZY BUTT!!!!!!!!! :-||

2. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Hi finfan. Lots of folks know how to better then I how to do it. As a last resort, a muffler shop would be glad to help ya. I find they love MBs and the whole shop stops working to check out your bike.

Mine was just a wee bit off and the peddle was just barely touching it. I kicked it, snork. Not that I am suggesting that. I have used a rubber mallet successfully as well for small "adjustments" Be sure to use joint compound.

"One more thing: 6 HOUR INSTALL MY FUZZY BUTT!!!!!!!!!" LOL 80ccs, gets 250 MPG and the check is in the mail. rotfl

Looking forward to your pics.

#2 Dan, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  3. deacon

deacon minor bike philosopher

My six hour install took a week and i am retired and had all day everyday to work on it. Even then I got it wrong.

4. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Put a piece of re-bar or something in the end & stand on the other & BEND IT !!! (you only need to bend it a little!) I've done it before.
    The easiest solution is usually the best!!!

#5 Venice Motor Bikes, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  5. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Ayup. when I started on this road of strange addiction, I handled the engine with kit gloves. Now I am not above kicking and hammering. The China girls are pretty amazing things. If you normally run them at cruising speed and not WOT they last and live a good long life. They are tuff lil motors and do more then they should. VB is right. Whats the worst that can happen?

Cool thing I learned a while ago, if you run the exhaust threw a radiator hose, it sounds like a much larger engine with a thumping sound. Might be flammable though. But I have never had a muffler catch fire. Sound is really cool.

6. Merlin

Merlin New Member

FWIW my install actually did take about 6 hours. . .

... but then, that's not counting the fact that it just plain would not fit in the first frame, so I had to go and buy another bike...

[anyone want to buy a Kmart bike? ridden less than 1KM?]

7. macimpala

macimpala New Member

Working at a pattern shop I have access to many things. When I needed that extra clearance for the exhaust pipe I got fancy and made an alum block to bolt up to the flange, put that In the Vise and attacked it with the torch ...Bent like a
    charm