Snork

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
LOL! honestly? How did any of us live? or survive the whole "watch this" and "hold my beer" other wise known as our youths?

Are we the exception to the rule of Darwinism, proving Darwinism?

(That natural selection kills the dim so they don't reproduce)
Survived is the right word.
The thing is, as we get older, all those injuries come back to haunt us with pain or restriction of movement.

YOUNG GUYS, PAY ATTENTION!
Protect you body kids, the easily preventable injuries you get will come back to haunt you daily when get older!

Save

Reactions: fasteddy

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
It's wild how good this guy is;

http://digg.com/video/parking-stripe-painting-machine

KC, that swivel is what I was kinda thinking for a pusher. (aka, how I will some day run my own self over. hehe, and than leave making it a hit-n-run)

But would not be hard to make what that guy is riding. Be a money maker for ya. I'm sure you could beat the price as trade tools are often way over priced for a quality tool like that.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It's wild how good this guy is;

http://digg.com/video/parking-stripe-painting-machine

KC, that swivel is what I was kinda thinking for a pusher. (aka, how I will some day run my own self over. hehe, and than leave making it a hit-n-run)

But would not be hard to make what that guy is riding. Be a money maker for ya. I'm sure you could beat the price as trade tools are often way over priced for a quality tool like that.
Well, he was riding on the pusher,.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have a courier biz and drive for Uber. I spend a lot of time at colleges. (I live in CT, we got lots of colleges!)

But this time of year, kids head home and or graduate. As they move out, they throw away all sorts of stuff. You could walk to Trinity from my house and Yale is a 40 minute drive. Just saying some very wealthy kids my way.

But driving around a Uconn campus to day, I saw the this time of year dumpster. Schools put dumpsters out as these kids can't or won't lug stuff home. Bicycles, computers, furniture and just about anything you can imagine a college kid might have, gets tossed. Just sitting in a commercial sized dumpster.

The campus I was at today, ya should have seen it. The surrounding neighborhood is kinda low income and it was like a sale at walmart. LoL.

But no bikes and all the computers were gone.

wut?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
last post I was just testing new forum software.

This is too cool! Eric, our host spent big cash and time on the upgrades. One of the perks of the high end stuff is when ya post a link to a vid, it shows like above.

But it is so cool! just dumb stuff like how the vid link shows. And ya can post a pic with ease! No more resizing $*^%$ stuff.

Seriously, he is doing good by us.

Play around. it's purty cool. Every thing works the same so nothing to learn. And! Eric kept Hiker's emojis! I guess that took some working in but did it. The I.T. stuff is way above my pay grade.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
"Darling, would you like to come with me, to fly you to Paris in first class, drink champagne in an expensive night club and then come with me to a 5 star hotel where we would spend the night making love?"

"My love! Yes! Yes! Yes!"

"Well how about coming to Southend, having a couple of ciders in a boozer, and then banging the night away in a cheap b&b?"

"How dare you! What sort of girl do you think I am?"

"We already sorted that out when I asked you about Paris, I'm just haggling terms now."

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan and fasteddy

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I can't see an edit box on my last entry. Am I missing it?
Did ya find it, Lud? Lower left and below your name.

I just thought these were cool but not enough so as to warrent their own threads; A nitro powered rotary tool http://www.popularmechanics.com/hom.../?src=nl&mag=pop&list=nl_pnl_news&date=052417

A bike light and cam; http://www.popularmechanics.com/hom.../?src=nl&mag=pop&list=nl_pnl_news&date=052417

edit, the first promotional vid shows the bike in front of camera bike face dive and filming bike just keeps going. Nice guy! Thats how to promote yer product, lol.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan,

That rotary tool doesn't come under the "must have" heading I don't think but if I built one I'd be over to your house in a heart beat the minute I had it running just to show you..

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I agree 100%. But man that is just cool. Kinda dumb for our needs, I think. Thinking a high end artest type or something like that. Did ya see the masonry vid? Thing kicks some major butt

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I didn't look at the video until now. That has to be one of the top tool build videos I've seen. What wonderful skills to have and your right the man is an artist. The tool should be in a show case and on display in a museum.

One thing is guaranteed no one is going to reach into their tool box and say "You have one too." Thanks for posting the video. A must watch for everyone who ever had tool making dreams.

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LoL, Steve. Made me think of a thing. A bunch of us shared the rent on a shop. My little faction was making these giant fish tanks that were gonna be destroyed in the Movie "I know what you did last summer. Again" or something like that. But was a tight time thing and a guy from another mission picked up a guy's (from yet another faction working there's) POS bent Stanley, Philips head screwdriver.

The owner yells across the the very large room; "Hey! That's my POS, bent, philips head screwdriver"
Keeping track of small tools was always difficult.

The guy who picked it up looked at it and threw it back to the guy who yelled and screamed back; Hey! I got my own POS, bent Philips head screwdriver. So I don't need....you guessed it. But was hysterical as we all were in great need of sleep. (and abstinence)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan, I don't think there is a person on this forum who can't picture that shop in their minds. If there is a tool box in this world that doesn't have at least one bent POS Phillips head screw driver in it I would dearly love to meet the owner.

They would be a one of a kind tool box owner.

Steve.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I don't have the screwdriver, but there's a Torx driver where the handle goes round and the shaft doesn't.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
It isn't just restricted to screwdrivers is it Ludwig and the most annoying part is it's usually the tool that fits in your hand like they measured it to fit and it never slips off the work it's doing.

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Had me rolling with laughter listening to "Wait, wait, don't tell me" on NPR last week. A criminal got busted for undocumented pharmisuticles. At his arrest he presented the arresting offercers with the Monopoly game card "Get out of jail free"

I was just trying to find the story and it turns out this has happened before! Just too funny!

https://www.google.com/search?q=cri...ome..69i57.28933j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Where were these cards in my well spent youth!?

Last edited: