Shelter in place to long....

GoldenMotor.com

BoardtrackTank

Oct 10, 2015
Miami
Hello , former Hoosier living in Miami now, don't have a garage now, working on the balcony . The first pic is my work in progress. The second pic is what I rode in Indiana liked it but the 7500 rpm's don't cut it with me, sound like a chainsaw. Sold it when I moved. The new build has a 3500rpm 3hp. The third pic is a frame I sold before I had a chance to do anything with it. Best Regards Tony
IMG_2718.JPG
IMG_1730.JPG
e5.jpg

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Hello , former Hoosier living in Miami now, don't have a garage now, working on the balcony . The first pic is my work in progress. The second pic is what I rode in Indiana liked it but the 7500 rpm's don't cut it with me, sound like a chainsaw. Sold it when I moved. The new build has a 3500rpm 3hp. The third pic is a frame I sold before I had a chance to do anything with it. Best Regards Tony View attachment 104336 View attachment 104337 View attachment 104338
Welcome Tony and nice builds for sure. Build in place even when safeguards are lifted. Many extremely nice builds on this forum took place in kitchens, family rooms, carports and urban ally's, so why not a balcony? Build what you want, where you are with what you've got, or can obtain/fabricate!

Rick C.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I've only used 24" on 26" fork/frame one time and it was fun to ride, but I ultimately switched back to 26" just to fill up the fork. It just looked a bit odd to me and I'm over six feet and I felt a little cramped riding the small wheels, but the 24" wheels performed fine.

The forks on your bike look great with 24" tires so perhaps it was just the dual spring forks I used?

Rick C.

BoardtrackTank

Oct 10, 2015
Miami
I've only used 24" on 26" fork/frame one time and it was fun to ride, but I ultimately switched back to 26" just to fill up the fork. It just looked a bit odd to me and I'm over six feet and I felt a little cramped riding the small wheels, but the 24" wheels performed fine.

The forks on your bike look great with 24" tires so perhaps it was just the dual spring forks I used?

Rick C.
I am going to make this fork a truss fork and add a stainless side scrambler exhaust pipe, will post pic when I get that done

BoardtrackTank

Oct 10, 2015
Miami
Got the stainless side pipe cut and taped together, next is tig welding , I did sanitary tubing for 30 yrs so I got lots of practice. It is quite enjoyable once you get the hang of it, its amazing what filling the inside of the tube with argon does. One job I worked on we ran 4 miles of stainless tube.
IMG_2728.JPG

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Another Craftsman in the crew and a stainless Tig'r too.
You may get more friends here than you want:D.
Your builds are beautiful Tony.
Don't feel bad about trying to avoid this current plague.
I'm 69 but still working as a Tool and Die Maker because I enjoy what I do.
But as this curse became a real threat with social distancing, I found it impossible to stay at my work place and applied for FMLA 4/15/20 and it has been extended to 5/30/20. Stay well Tony.
Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Looking good Tony, I see yah got the crank set in. Clearance OK?
My Huffy-Davidson even with the BikeBerry Wide crank had clearance issues, mostly on the transfercase side.

I never tried to recolor vinyl, If you had it dead clean of any oils or waxes per instructions you got a chance.
Let us know if it worked.
As an aside, I have two grandsons that are Hoosiers, both pasture bred. Both good kids.
Tom

BoardtrackTank

Oct 10, 2015
Miami
Looking good Tony, I see yah got the crank set in. Clearance OK?
My Huffy-Davidson even with the BikeBerry Wide crank had clearance issues, mostly on the transfercase side.

I never tried to recolor vinyl, If you had it dead clean of any oils or waxes per instructions you got a chance.
Let us know if it worked.
As an aside, I have two grandsons that are Hoosiers, both pasture bred. Both good kids.
Tom
Yes I have to work on my cranks, if you look at my cranks on the red bike I had to modify, I could still snake them through as a one piece crank , I will do that last after my sprockets are lined up in case of and adjustments.

BoardtrackTank

Oct 10, 2015
Miami
This is really KOOL so far, liking it a lot...........Curt
Thank you , It started with the back wheel I wanted a free wheel sprocket on both sides, I don't like to pedal and drag all the drive train with me. I couldn't find one, so I have been intimidated about lacing a wheel from scratch, if I could do this I would build the bike. I did it with 10 gauge spokes and my fear was gone !

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Thank you , It started with the back wheel I wanted a free wheel sprocket on both sides, I don't like to pedal and drag all the drive train with me. I couldn't find one, so I have been intimidated about lacing a wheel from scratch, if I could do this I would build the bike. I did it with 10 gauge spokes and my fear was gone !
Tony, talk or email Lynne at MBrebel she builds heavy duty freewheels with her own System which incorporates drive sprocket and disk brake. Lynne gave me one of her freewheels which was a return from a customer who had cross threaded a mounting hole and snapped off yhe screw. Her wheels are top quality. I am the same way, so used to a freewheel at a stop. Kick the crank back into a power position.
Tom

BoardtrackTank

Oct 10, 2015
Miami
Tony, talk or email Lynne at MBrebel she builds heavy duty freewheels with her own System which incorporates drive sprocket and disk brake. Lynne gave me one of her freewheels which was a return from a customer who had cross threaded a mounting hole and snapped off yhe screw. Her wheels are top quality. I am the same way, so used to a freewheel at a stop. Kick the crank back into a power position.
Tom
I bought my front wheel with drum brake from Lynn , I do ride my bike often without the engine running. If I am around a bunch of people I will pedal to a more remote location. I like to have fun knowing I am not disturbing anyone, sometimes its not possible but I do try.