Shelter in place to long....

GoldenMotor.com

BoardtrackTank

Oct 10, 2015
Miami
How does it compare to a 240v gas mig for bike applications?
The Tig inverter weighs 13 lbs, has dual voltage 110v =130amps , 220v=160amps, able to control how much filler is added and focus the heat on a small area with no splatter or sparks. I could weld in a three piece suit without incident. The down side is you need to weld everyday for six months before you really master it , coordination of both hands is required, one hand maintain arc length of the tungsten and travel and the other hand dipping the rod in the puddle without touching the tungsten and control how much is added. After doing it more than 35 years I can day dream while welding. Tig is far better but Mig does a good job without all the practice

BoardtrackTank

Oct 10, 2015
Miami
Woke up feeling cranky this morning, what better than work on the extended one of a kind one piece crank that will still go threw the bottom bracket. I knew I wanted to learn welding when I was 8 years old when the neck broke off my minibike, I used the neighbors buss box and put about 2lbs of lumpy, look like a meteorite weld and said I need to learn this.
IMG_2748.JPG

BoardtrackTank

Oct 10, 2015
Miami
I am happy with the clearance but forgot this bike is a 1954 , the pedals I bought don't fit. ( don't make me cut the ends off and weld a threaded piece like a acorn nut that will fit ) voices in my head Maybe I will find some I like. Left room for chain guard , I like to see the moving parts but I don't want to be a part of them !
IMG_2750.JPG
IMG_2754.JPG