Scfta dirt race aug. 11&12 double header

GoldenMotor.com

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles

PERRIS RACEWAY has opened a class for motorbicycles! the 11/12 weekend will be a large PRO EVENT with big sponsors, real purses, grandstands, vendor booths, concession stands, and national news coverage -- The real deal.
Come out and race! We had a blast earlier this month, and I highly suggest it! The dirt track is not as rough/dirty/dangerous and bike-destroying as I had imagined. its actually very smooth, and my bike was not much more dirty as from the road racing, strangely. just tighten those bolts!

I will be a brand new Dad by then, so I may not get the hall pass punched. or even issued, come to think of it. but I highly suggest trying this out if you havent. Dave, Jimmy & I had a blast! check out the video on the "videos" page/thread, etc..dnut

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
i'm pretty sure i can make it. talked to jim and dave last week and they were hyping it up, telling me how fun it is, so i gotta check it out...

congrats on your upcoming fatherhood, jake!
thanks Baird, and you missed a good one! we got a ton of rain right before the race. almost cancelled, but the track wound up being perfect. Next time you'll have to make it out there

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
PERRIS RACEWAY has opened a class for motorbicycles! the 11/12 weekend will be a large PRO EVENT with big sponsors, real purses, grandstands, vendor booths, concession stands, and national news coverage -- The real deal.
http://www.southerncaliforniaflattrack.com/

Southern California Flat Track Association
1205 Burton Road
Perris, CA 92570

Race Day

Admission $10 per person including racers. (0 - 4 years free)

SCFTA Membership $40

Member race entry $45 first class, additional classes $35

Non Members entry $50 first class, additional classes $40

So racing in the special motorized bicycle class will cost you $60 ($10 + $50)

Southern California Flat Track Association is pretty healthy with over 100 racers at their events.
Would like to get out there to check out how they do it.

Last edited:

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles

Come out and race! We had a blast earlier this month, and I highly suggest it! The dirt track is not as rough/dirty/dangerous and bike-destroying as I had imagined. its actually very smooth, and my bike was not much more dirty as from the road racing, strangely. just tighten those bolts!

I will be a brand new Dad by then, so I may not get the hall pass punched. or even issued, come to think of it. but I highly suggest trying this out if you havent. Dave, Jimmy & I had a blast! check out the video on the "videos" page/thread, etc..dnut
Check out the results!

http://www.todayscyclecoverage.com/wordpress/2012/08/13/dateline-perris-preview-of-rounds-7-and-8/

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Looks like you guys had a blast! If I'm not on call the weekend of the next one, I'm totally going to it!
Were you guys using your racing street tires?