Say Hello to Storm

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I ride the Houston one.
That's not surprising, there's quite a few Storm's in Houston, but Dallas has the most in whole state.

This was a critical mass in Dallas last August. My bike hadn't come yet so I was on my Bomber

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OH FATE! WHY DO YOU MOCK ME!!!:-|| I'm neck deep in a new BTR build. After reading your "electric China girl" thread, the temptation is like a knife in my chest!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
OH FATE! WHY DO YOU MOCK ME!!!:-|| I'm neck deep in a new BTR build. After reading your "electric China girl" thread, the temptation is like a knife in my chest!
I've done a pretty good job of resisting, I only bought 3 of them so far. But if you join the owners group you'll quickly find out that about 50% of the owners won't be content until they've filled their whole garage with them.

First, they buy one for every member of their family, and then they got to get at least two more for when friends come to visit.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
In 1 years time Storm's are taking over the eBike world. This is a recent weekly Cruiser bike night in Denver. Hundreds of bicycles show up, and some are electric. These are 2 fatty's and a new Thin model

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Hey Biknut, with your narrower tires on the wide rims set up low profile style like you have them, what's the radius from axle center to the outside of the tire? I'm starting to plan out a a frame chop/mod to do fat tires that way on a stretch limo cruiser, but I'm trying to work out what I need for axle to crown clearance of the fork.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Hey Biknut, with your narrower tires on the wide rims set up low profile style like you have them, what's the radius from axle center to the outside of the tire? I'm starting to plan out a a frame chop/mod to do fat tires that way on a stretch limo cruiser, but I'm trying to work out what I need for axle to crown clearance of the fork.

My 26 x 2.5 hookworm's mounted on 80mm rims are 2133mm total circumference so about 340mm

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Meanwhile back in Stormland. Because of this bike there's now an additional 20,000 eBikes in the world.

Here's mine.

ultralight01

Oct 30, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
One of these days I'm gonna build a nice electric bike. For now I can do very very little with 3 feet of snow outside.
EDIT: Looked it up. That's an affordable e-bike! Although I can build a 48v for less, it's a great deal for what it is. sondors.com

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
One of these days I'm gonna build a nice electric bike. For now I can do very very little with 3 feet of snow outside.
EDIT: Looked it up. That's an affordable e-bike! Although I can build a 48v for less, it's a great deal for what it is. sondors.com
Yes, it's a good deal that allows people that have never built their own bike before to start on the ground level with a factory built eBike, but has a lot of room for improvement over time.

It's taken on a life all it's own. So many thousand people bought one of these bikes at the same time that several factory venders started making Sondors specific parts. Now you can easily modify these bikes so many different ways to suit your own tastes. It's a lot like owning a Harley.

What happened that no one saw coming was when Storm decided to market his bikes on the internet, a Facebook owner group sprung up that now has over 5000 members dedicated to this one brand. That's a powerful draw to any vendors selling eBike parts, and something that's never happened in the eBike world before. Venders have joined the owners group, and that's allowed a conversation between owners, and venders to our mutual benefit. Now there's all kinds of performance parts available, and in most cases everything is plug and play. Since we're dealing directly with Chinese venders, and factory's parts prices are a fraction other brands.