Say Hello to Storm

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Ya those tires are still pretty fat and the rims are wide just more a street bike now. How wide are the dropouts on the forks? 135mm? Could add shocks latter I guess. I also see fat bike triple tree forks on ebay but I'm more interested in shocks. I would really like to get a full suspension bike next... and fat tires would be cool too. Prices are kind of high still but fat bikes seem to be taking off. Like the storm. Maybe in 3 or 4 years we will see a full suspension fat bike at wall mart you know how that goes.
Looks like the forks are 135mm wide, and the rear dropouts are about 165mm wide.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I saw suspension forks on ebay 135mm for $140. But, I would rather buy a bike that already has them. I really shouldn't even be thinking about buying another bike but I'm getting full suspension fever and fatbikeitis

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
What's a fat bike? All I changed was the tires, would you still call my bike a fat bike?
Its an inbetween
What did it come with almost 5"?
Bet it looks whimpy next to the fatties.
Then park it next to a road bike with 1+" skinnies and its another story.

Just me but I like 2.3 to 3.0 inch tires.
I like those hookworms I though they quit making them...maybe not.

Starting to make some 650b+3.0, looks tasty.

K007
Slap a MAC12t on one of these.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/gravity/fat-bikes/fatbikes-quigley-fs-bluto.htm

To bad the first ones had some rear swing arm breakages and recalled them.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Its an inbetween
What did it come with almost 5"?
Bet it looks whimpy next to the fatties.
Then park it next to a road bike with 1+" skinnies and its another story.

Just me but I like 2.3 to 3.0 inch tires.
I like those hookworms I though they quit making them...maybe not.

Starting to make some 650b+3.0, looks tasty.

K007
Slap a MAC12t on one of these.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/gravity/fat-bikes/fatbikes-quigley-fs-bluto.htm

To bad the first ones had some rear swing arm breakages and recalled them.
I guess I'm more into fat bike rims than I am their tires. I've never really liked fat tires, but I like wide low profile tires. That's pretty much what I have now.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Several hundred miles on it now. 100% dependable so far. The brakes are great. I'm enjoying being able to pedal using the pas. After about 15 miles my legs start getting tired, and I like being able to start bumping the throttle. No problem at all riding 25 miles that way.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
How wide is the "narrower" tire? I do wish they would kike it up to 500W for us heaver folks
Nobody really knows, but they'll probably be crappy tires anyway. I'm running nice Hook Worms on mine and they're 3.3" wide on stock 3" rims.

The motor is rated for 500w @ 48v, so you could get a 48v battery and make it 500w

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The indiegogo second wave Storm bikes are being delivered for the past week.

I think there's no doubt at this point that Storm Sondors has had the biggest impact on eBike sales in American history. Storm's are now riding the streets in every major city in America.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
There's breaking Storm news

These are teaser pictures from the factory website. I lightened them up so we can see them better. Looks like belt drive coming, among other things. The reason this is important is because this brand is the best thing that ever happened to eBikes. In less than a year, Storm is the best selling eBike in America. With a little luck these bikes will bust the American market wide open, which will be great for all of us eBikers.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The new bike is supposed to be a lot lighter, and skinner than the original fat bike. Different battery, wheels, looks like maybe the frame, which is alloy, and belt drive.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm not into thin, but I like it. For $694 I'm pretty sure someone will buy it, belt drive and all.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Not to be confused with the Thin, this is a newer "Narrow" model from the kickstarter campaign. Alloy frame with optional suspension forks. Instead of 3" rims the narrow comes with 2" rims. The owner has changed out the tires for hook worms, and installed an adjustable stem.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
wow nice bike... Ive been shopping for a ebike just getting sticker shock at the moment. but still want one!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
wow nice bike... Ive been shopping for a ebike just getting sticker shock at the moment. but still want one!
I know what you mean. That's what the Sondors eBikes (known as Storm's) are all about. It's a revolution in the eBike world. Storm Sondors is single handedly bringing down prices, way down. But it's even better than that, because his bikes are easy to upgrade later a little at a time, which takes a lot of the pressure off the wallet.

This is my Storm fat bike. I call it Fatty. Initial price shipped was $694. I've added a lot of upgrades now over time, the most expensive being a 30 amp hour battery that cost $625.