Say Hello to Storm

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I don't want a throttle. If the pedal sensor goes out I'll replace it.

I'm not planning any long distance rides, I have motorcycles for that - :)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The hookworms look great btw. Did you use the stock tubes? Have you had any problems with them on those rims?
No problems at all. The Hook Worms look, and feel like they were made for these rims. The tubes are Kenda downhill 26 x 2.4/2.75

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I don't want a throttle. If the pedal sensor goes out I'll replace it.

I'm not planning any long distance rides, I have motorcycles for that - :)
Mike, surprisingly I like the pas a lot better than I expected. Right now my only selection is the lowest power level. It's ok on level ground, but up even slight grades it's nice to be able to add a little throttle. It's so easy too.

Soon I'll have a factory display that unlocks the controller, and will give me access to 5 pas power levels.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I was looking at all the Storms for sale on ebay and I saw this bike. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Fa...78f1a36&pid=100005&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=221847878452 It looks waaay better than a storm! Waaay better! That's the problem with buying a bike as soon as you get it they come out with a better one! AND THANKES to the storm we are seeing them at much lower prices. Things are starting to look good in the world of ebikes. Seriously, this bike is COOL!

Last edited:

SilentRider

Aug 19, 2014
Massachusetts
Congratulations on receiving the bike. For $500 you got a deal. I'm skeptical of all kickstarters but I was wrong in thinking this one would not deliver, at least with out a longer delay. Rather than sell 1 million of this bike, I'd rather see Sondors apply his direct to consumer pricing model to 1 or 2 different design bikes. I'd like to see a full suspension street bike.

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
No problems at all. The Hook Worms look, and feel like they were made for these rims. The tubes are Kenda downhill 26 x 2.4/2.75
What PSI are you keeping the tires at? Can you comment on the feel while cornering hard? Like taking a right turn at the bottom of a hill or something like that?

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Mike B
"I think you are right, people like to ride bikes.

I prefer direct drive hub motors as no gears make no noise."

Don't want to argue with you Mike, but this new Mac is no louder than my magic pie 3, it is just a different zzzzzzz sound.

But the Mac you can still pedal it like a normal bicycle.

Glad everyone likes their Sonders...let the upgrades begin!

...I still like the blue the best.
dance1

Thought I would add that Sonders is a great deal/price to start playing with eBikes.
I put that much into this bike...that I could have got for $300.00.
See why I am partial to blue.

Attachments

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
What PSI are you keeping the tires at? Can you comment on the feel while cornering hard? Like taking a right turn at the bottom of a hill or something like that?

Bob Bandhauer, (Turbo Bob) just posted this youtube on my FB group. Afterwards he commented that he forgot to mention in the video how good this bike handles. He said it's the best handling fat bike he's ridden. I personally have commented about how good my bike handles. I never actually tried the stock tires, I installed my Hook Worms out of the box, but my bike handles like a sport bike. it's so stable it feels like an extremely lightweight, but solid motorcycle. It reminds me of the way a motorcycle handles more than a bicycle.

I've been running 35 psi, but I might drop it down a few pounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx9qDYa3EOk

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm quickly coming to the conclusion this is the best steering bicycle I've ever ridden. Whoever came up with this bikes geometry really knew what they were doing. I sort of doubt it was Storm himself, it had to be someone at the tpt cycle factory.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
What would you recommend to someone who couldn't decide whether to get a fat bike or a full suspension mtb? Which do you prefer?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
What would you recommend to someone who couldn't decide whether to get a fat bike or a full suspension mtb? Which do you prefer?
The question is how fast do you want to go. If you want fast, you need a full suspension whether it's a fat bike, or mtb. If you don't care about fast, a rigid fat bike has the better looks, and tire possibility's.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Ya those tires are still pretty fat and the rims are wide just more a street bike now. How wide are the dropouts on the forks? 135mm? Could add shocks latter I guess. I also see fat bike triple tree forks on ebay but I'm more interested in shocks. I would really like to get a full suspension bike next... and fat tires would be cool too. Prices are kind of high still but fat bikes seem to be taking off. Like the storm. Maybe in 3 or 4 years we will see a full suspension fat bike at wall mart you know how that goes.

Last edited: