San Diego's 4th Motorized Bicycle ride...the 40-Mile Eliminator

GoldenMotor.com

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Re: San Diego's 4th MB ride...the 40-Mile Eliminator

I'm in! On the "2nd" ride, I came down from Tierrasanta and ended up with a 41 mile ride; so, if I transport to OB, I should be fine with a 40 miler! I like the plan, too! A couple of breakdowns should not stop the ride eventhough I was the beneficiary of some help on the second ride, thanks to "SCOTT-O." dance1

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA

Hey Tony, just to give people an idea how much gas they'll need, how much did you go through on your 41 mile trip? My shift kit give me better mileage than those without so I couldn't be a source for this information. I know you have a 4 stroke and not sure if the 4 stroke mpg equals the 2 stroke's but the info might be helpful.

I know we had a couple run out of gas on the 32 mile trip.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Be there, or be L7....and be prepared! I will be there, rain or shine, but will only ride if it shines :) So come on people....let's ridednut

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego

Hey Tony, just to give people an idea how much gas they'll need, how much did you go through on your 41 mile trip? My shift kit give me better mileage than those without so I couldn't be a source for this information. I know you have a 4 stroke and not sure if the 4 stroke mpg equals the 2 stroke's but the info might be helpful.

I know we had a couple run out of gas on the 32 mile trip.
Maxvision, great question! I used right at 2.2 liters (2.5 liter tank), which works out to 4.65 pints. Doing the math, the 41 mile trip came in at just over 70 MGP. Yes, it's a 4 cycle and I weigh 190 lbs (hopefully heading to 180 lbs, Ha!). I'm estimating the gas used on the conservative side, just to give everyone a little cushion! It would be a good idea for folks with smaller tanks to carry an extra pint of gas.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA

Thanks Tony. For anyone interested, a plastic water bottle, like the ones mounted on bikes, are an excellent method of carrying extra gas. I ran into an old guy one day that did 70 miles EVERY DAY on his bike. He had 2 water bottles mounted on his bike full of extra gas.

Maybe Bob will show up again with a gas can in his basket like he did last time. Or we can just carry some oil and hit a gas station at the lunch break for people who are getting low on fuel.

P.S. So far, the route map already has 35 hits, one day after posting.

Last edited:

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,

Well Im in. Determined to finish. Completely new motor. Have to put some miles on before the ride. I have ridden over 60 miles before in one day no problem, however, the last two rides have killed me. Not this time. See everyone there.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal

Ill be there if I can get this CNS figured out.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Yeah I'm quite sure there will be at least 20....should be fun, once again.

A CNS is the type carb you should be running on your stretch....they're a lot of fun to try to tune them and have a separate choke lever (handlebar or frame mounted) and cable also. I found them a pita to dial in. Seems others do too.

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,

r.ly.Glad to have you (Culvercityclassic), and Norm hope you can fit this in your schedule, looking forward to sharing a great ride with a great group of people.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

This sounds interesting... Let me see if we can work it into the schedule. :)
You'ld be mad if ya didn't....hope your Slater is done in time, would love to see that thang!

I am in for this ride so count me and my side-kick..

I am looking forward to seeing SD it's been awhile.
Great to hear CCClassic, come on down, we'll have a blast!

Let's RIDEdnutdnutdnut

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Man you guys have all the fun.
At least you have someone to ride with. You see how many people post here from Dallas. There's me, and there's me. Just like sex.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal

The one that came with my 66cc Grubee. After rejetting and float adjusting to no avail I broke down and bought the old style carb.

YouTube - New Carb.MOV

Now its just a question of do I ride the black bike I just build or my first one? Reliability will be key..flg.