Rims and Kick Start

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Predator303, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

I just came across this picture and I was wondering if somebody can tell me where I could order those kind of rims for my bike or how they are called so I can start a search.

I am also wondering how that (looks like selfmade) kickstart might work. If I see it right the cover of the clutch is off and a lever is attached to it.

[​IMG]

2. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

Thats the thing, doesnt look like its original to me. Maybe an engine I dont know but the Morini or KTM50 look different. This looks more like homemade. I was wondering if it would be possible to simply use a lever on the clutch nut if that would work to kickstart it. I dont give a damn if the cover is missing. I used to drive around without when I had the crappy Centrifugal Clutch. It looks like only the small wheel is protected with something and the area where the small and big wheel meet.

Edit: I just got an answer in the page in FB where I saw this that those rims are from motorcycles.

#2 Predator303, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  3. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Look carefully at the engine in your photo and the engine that Pirate is selling. They are the same engines, just painted a little differently.
    As for a kickstart that attaches to the clutch nut, I have never heard of one yet.
    Perhaps you might invent one and have an exclusive accessory for the MB market?

4. Predator303

Predator303 New Member

Just edited the last post. I dont think its still worth it for me since I want to get a bigger engine anyways.

But hey, tell me about inventing things. I just repaired my disk brake with two 10 cent coins because I was unable to find the brake pads anywhere and my new coaster brake just broke again...

5. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

that's magrider's 11hp watercooled morini with 17" moped wheels. frame's modified to make it all fit...