Rear Suspension bike, suitable for mounting HT bicycle engine.

GoldenMotor.com

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Re: Rear Suspension bike, suitable for mounting HT engine.

These would work with the shift kit, you can't really do it in the stock configuration.
Manitou FS 1993
2006 Mountain Cannondale Scalpel 2000
GT LTS
GT RTS
Marin F.R.S.

Attachments

Jun 25, 2008

tah v.much have a feeling i've researched these and none are available in UK at least not under £500

Jun 25, 2008

so far this seems the most promising but the frame is only 20" the Apollo FS.26 SE Mens 20" Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
reckon an engine would fit? costs £189 plus shipping...might be worth a punt....

Clotho

May 25, 2008

The 20" frame looks pretty tight. The shock placement makes it more so. Check out some of I-Paint's builds. He has a real talent for shoehorning an engine into a tight spot. It normally seems to require the modification of the intake and carb.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

IMO, the only way those bikes will work with a HT motor is using one of Pablo's Jack Shaft kit. There would be too much slack in the chain unless you move one of the pivot arms between the counter sprocket. I have a GT LTS and I ran into that problem.

Jun 25, 2008

definitely to use with a Shifter kit, too much hassle otherwise..weld

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

A soft tail bike would work, since the seat tube doesn't move with the suspension.
An older (pre2005?) KHS soft tail is steel for easy engine mounting. Travel is only 3/4".
Your next easiest would probably be a GT LTS. Cheers

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester

IMO, the only way those bikes will work with a HT motor is using one of Pablo's Jack Shaft kit. There would be too much slack in the chain unless you move one of the pivot arms between the counter sprocket. I have a GT LTS and I ran into that problem.
hi mate,

thanks for the info, but where do i find pablo's jack shaft..???

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester

A soft tail bike would work, since the seat tube doesn't move with the suspension.
An older (pre2005?) KHS soft tail is steel for easy engine mounting. Travel is only 3/4".
Your next easiest would probably be a GT LTS. Cheers
hi mate,

ive looked for a softail but can only find moots but way over buget...:/

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester

these bikes look great, i like manitou very much, the last one on the photos. thanks very much for your help, just hope i can find one one any of the bikes you posted here in the uk.mtb over here are pretty crapy.. :/

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester

hi mate, thanks for the post for some reason the link seems dead, but ill google the bike, i know appollo aint the best bike, but if it does 12mts that ull do..:)

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester

thanks pal,
i want a Santa Cruz Scooter very much they look awsome. im just waiting for terry to send me a quote for one to the uk....:)

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester

thank you very much for all the post's every one, if anybody knows of any sites where i can order any of the bikes please could you post a link i would be very grateful.

thanks again,this site is the dogs..;)

.shft.

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester

i found a GT.....:)

Now can any tell me were i can find a downhill wheel with 6 bolt hub that will take v brake......????