real performance

GoldenMotor.com

hotrodseanxx

Apr 17, 2008
NJ
well if we're talking performance its the same thing that goes for any engine. you want to mix in the most oxygen so you get the most out of your mix. and you want to completely detonate the gas in the chamber. To do this you want a larger/longer spark. Best way to do this is to upgrade your ignition system including CDI, plugs and wires. another performance upgrade would be to increase the the amount of air you can put in. You can do this by enlarging the size of the air intake and you can also you a less restrictive air filter. You could also use a turbo to force extra air into the engine. another way is to have a bigger exhaust out put. doing this though you want to keep just enough back pressure to keep it from backfiring and potential damage. Other than that you're talking about breaking into the engine and changing internals, which i do not know if you can really do with these small two-strokes, or changing gearings...

well there is my 2cents for the day lol hope it interests anyone :D

hotrodseanxx

Apr 17, 2008
NJ
yes i've been sent that before, lol. i was putting this up for more of a laugh:p since these are such small engines that any "performance" you could get out of them is already there. Though i have seen a pocket bike with a turbo... not really necessary in my opinion, but that was also a 125cc engine...

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Well put. Like what you said about the engine and air fuel stuff, I tried putting a larger filter on mine because of rideing in sand, and it really slowed it down. The engine would run full blast for a little bit then start slowing down. I bet a t- shirt material in oil would be perfect have not tried yet.

hotrodseanxx

Apr 17, 2008
NJ
yeah i know i run the k&n cotton fiber oiled filters on my muscle cars and know i've heard some of the guys here running their bikes with smaller versions of them, my experince is that they are nice, but you dont necessarily need the k&n brand you could just go to an auto store and get a small generic one

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
In a couple of hours me and my buddy are taking are MB's to a friends shop who has a chassis dyno. We are going to try to see what these motors really put out. Should be intresting, hope I dont blow are motors up. Check back tonight or tomorrow. :ride2:

Oh, by the way, I should beable to use the white wire as a tach, right :confused:

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Well, here is what happened. The rollers for this Dyno were just to heavy for our little china girl as many as you like to call it. I would start to pedal my butt off to get it going but as soon as we would put any kind of load the motor would just bog down and die.
Even if the motor would roll the rollers, I dont think we would get any readings because the dyno is not set up for something so small. I think we would have to use a motorcycle dyno. I dont know of anybody in town that will allow my to have free access.
So the only thing we accomplished was going though a 12 pack of beer and a few broken spoke's. Oh well....it was worth a shot.

hotrodseanxx

Apr 17, 2008
NJ
yeah worth a shot too bad though... i'm thinking motorcycle dyno might not work either since the tires are bigger, heavier and so are motorcycles... sorry to hear about the spokes

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
yeah worth a shot too bad though... i'm thinking motorcycle dyno might not work either since the tires are bigger, heavier and so are motorcycles... sorry to hear about the spokes
You might have a point with the moto dyno, I've never used one so I'm not sure how big the rollers really are........the spoke's, no big deal, I go through spokes like Palmela Anderson goes through husbands. rotfl

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
If you don't break something or bleed while trying something new your not trying hard enough. Or thats what Norman always says...................:D

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Panty hose just walk into the store like you got more energy in one leg than the other! a estranged limp of a sort just play the part.

RLorange

Jun 21, 2008
Australia
I enlarged the carby and which helped somewhat but by FAR the best mod I have done is lose the head gasket thus boosting compression. Massive boost to performance and the combustion seems to be cleaner too.