Real 80's?????

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Re: Put up or shut up....

I don't know, I'm just saying, let's get this on the table and clear it up once and for all.

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC

I wish I knew, mine was stated to be a 80cc but who knows. Im not taking it apart until I have good reason. Then youll get your answer on this end. (^)

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Eventually.

I was hoping an importer or vendor would step up and show us the "80cc" measurements.

Please, do not include the combustion area as some have done in the past...

If those of you with an "80" can remove the head, measure bore and stroke in mm and report it here along with the engine kits name, we will start a pool of info here.

Don't sprain anything running out to do it, just next time you have the time or energy, and a ruler.;)

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO

I'll do it this weekend when I get out to prep the bike for paint. Though, it's an older Dax, and he already says there is no 80 :)

I have a new PK "80" on the way, but I don't think I want to pull it apart right out of the box...

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

I don't. And it's never a precise measurement of the true stroke anyway. I get something between 60-70cc, depending on how I hold my head.

I just chimed in here to see.....if anyone throws down the flag.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

And just to add to the confusion, what is the true cc of a ryobi 31cc weed whacker lol

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA

Chris does not claim that his engine is 80cc. But most of these designators are simply model numbers, PK80, CH80 etc. A little misleading true and some less reputable vendors will stretch that to mean 80cc but there are no 80cc China 2 strokes. End of discussion.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO

Ok you're right.

"My bicycle engines measure in with a 47mm bore and a 40mm stroke…this works out to be 69.397cc…technically making these bicycle engines a 70cc engine in my opinion. "

I think I was thinking he said he had an 80 because he has all sorts of photos showing his motors are bigger than other "80's."

Wish I had access to a good CNC...try maybe a true 80cc stroker kit.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com

I agree.. The largest Engine we sell is the F80 model which is 69cc. 69cc is the largest engine I have ever seen coming out of Asia in this style motor. To call a 69cc engine an 80cc engine is a stretch and misrepresents the product. . To call a 69cc a 70cc motor I feel is ok. I have seen one seller that says he sells 80cc and provides data bore and stroke and when I did the math, I get 79cc. But I do not believe it. I have never seen this. Not ever. I would have to buy the motor and then pull the head and measure it to see. I am willing to bet it is not 79cc. I have been doing this in the years past and have now stopped. I have a factory now that makes my motors exclusive for me. After years of buying from different factories and measuring motors, there were no 80cc motors in this style. But..There may be a first. And Bigger is not always better anyway.. Not for bicycle motors.. around 3 hp is all you need for a bicycle . Most of the current motors sold will do that. The Franco Morini Motori motors "and I have had 2 of these", these motors will make 8-12 hp and is way too much for a typical bicycle. 50-60 mph on a mountain bike is not good and cops will not like it. Going through town at those speeds will not fare well for our Hobby and transportation for many. It will give our hobby a bad name and either be outlawed or regulated out of existence for many. Not sure what to do about it . I have seen a few with these motors on their bikes. Apparently not out of the price range for everyone. But.. To get back on subject... I have never seen an 80cc motor of this style. Never... The largest I have ever seen is the 69cc F80 motor. Enjoy the ride....

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

You have a whole factory that makes motors only for you. My god you must sell a lot of motors. Either that or it is a very small factory.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com

As I said.. Dax has an exclusive for these motors here in the USA. Again.. USA. But as I stated. Dax has an exclusive for these motors here in USA. I never Implied nor did I imply selling numbers or factory size. That is a postulate made by you and was not any intention of mine. Not sure why you would make such a postulate or why or what it is worth or even what level of importance it ranks. At any rate. Not to be redundant, these particular engines are Exclusive to Dax. As for Titan, these are exclusive to Dax also and Dax has a factory that makes these Exclusively for Dax and no one else in the world has these Titans. Again.. You can infer what you want from this data. Titan carriers are Copyrighted with Patents Pending and the rights are held by Grady Howell of Howell Labs. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride....

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

As I said.. Dax has an exclusive for these motors here in the USA. Again.. USA. But as I stated. Dax has an exclusive for these motors here in USA. I never Implied nor did I imply selling numbers or factory size. That is a postulate made by you and was not any intention of mine. Not sure why you would make such a postulate or why or what it is worth or even what level of importance it ranks. At any rate. Not to be redundant, these particular engines are Exclusive to Dax. As for Titan, these are exclusive to Dax also and Dax has a factory that makes these Exclusively for Dax and no one else in the world has these Titans. Again.. You can infer what you want from this data. Titan carriers are Copyrighted with Patents Pending and the rights are held by Grady Howell of Howell Labs. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride....
Ah now i understand. Thanks for setting me straight about the china engine thing.

Now for the titan, you are the exclusive us distributor of that as well or are you the only distributor in the world for the engine. Or just for the engine under that brand name. I just find it hard to believe that the factory doesn't produce more engines than one dealer can sell. I am not doubting you I just wonder if it isn't sold somewhere else under a different brand name like korean tvs are.

And you enjoy the ride as well....

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com

Good question. When it comes to Titan, we are the only manufacture and distributor in the world of the Titan Carrier System. We have the exclusive to the Carrier System, not the engines. Thanks..

Last edited:

bicycleengine

Aug 28, 2008
beijing china
my friend, the 80cc engine we called, its displacement is only 66cc.
because our 80cc engines are tested in Jiangsu university and its report said its displacement is only 66cc.
its bore by stroke is 40*45

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
"my friend, the 80cc engine we called, its displacement is only 66cc.
because our 80cc engines are tested in Jiangsu university and its report said its displacement is only 66cc.
its bore by stroke is 40*45"

__________________Exactly.....so why call them 80cc's?

Truth in advertising goes a long way.

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
Well, I took some measurements with my dial caliper and the diameter of my cylinder is 1.941 inches and the stroke was measured at 1.683 inches. You have to include the volume of the head as well, which is 1.941" diameter and 0.465" deep.

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
OK, so I did the dome calculations for the head volume... 0.92 in. cubed = 15.07609888 CC. And the volume of the cylinder 4.981955410928568 in. cubed = 81.639622164 CC for a combined total of 5.901955410928568 in. cubed = 96.715721044 CC