Quick1 in Port Orchard,WA

GoldenMotor.com

Quick1

Aug 14, 2008
I haven't received my kit yet, but it's coming! I ordered an 80cc kit from RAW & am going to mount it to a Diamondback mountain bike. I can hardly wait! But, I do have concerns: 1) legality 2) spoke strength & 3) lighting. Those not-withstanding, I look forward to being a part of this community. Thanks for having me.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Welcome! Which model DB?

I don't "do" legal so I can't help you there. As stude13 says; "...that's what kill switches are for..."

Spoke strength? Not a worry, just throw the bolt-on sprocket away;)

Lighting? Tons of options. Want battery or magneto?

Quick1

Aug 14, 2008
Welcome! Which model DB?

I don't "do" legal so I can't help you there. As stude13 says; "...that's what kill switches are for..."

Spoke strength? Not a worry, just throw the bolt-on sprocket away;)

Lighting? Tons of options. Want battery or magneto?
I'm getting a 2002 Diamondback Response w/ a RockShox 'Judy' front shock (hardtail) and Continental Contact street tires. I'm not sure what you meant by "throw the bolt-on sprocket away" (NOOB syndrome). There's probably a better way, huh? I'll do some studying in the Archives. As for the light, it sounds like the magneto is the way to go as long as I don't overdo it.
I noticed you are from Washington too. Is it true I might have to register it with the DMV and have a motorcycle license. I could use some pointers from someone like you who's already experienced our local situation.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I'm getting a 2002 Diamondback Response w/ a RockShox 'Judy' front shock (hardtail) and Continental Contact street tires. I'm not sure what you meant by "throw the bolt-on sprocket away" (NOOB syndrome). There's probably a better way, huh? I'll do some studying in the Archives. As for the light, it sounds like the magneto is the way to go as long as I don't overdo it.
I noticed you are from Washington too. Is it true I might have to register it with the DMV and have a motorcycle license. I could use some pointers from someone like you who's already experienced our local situation.
I have a DB as well, an old Ascent.

Yes a better way. See pic

Magneto works well with the "Norm Light"

My bike is not registered. I just don't go there. I have rode by Duvall cops and they act like I'm invisible or something.

Attachments

Quick1

Aug 14, 2008
I am interested in that method. Is there more about how to build or where to buy on the forum? It looks like a pretty cool friction drive. And solid looking!

Quick1

Aug 14, 2008
Well, that's definately a better way! I like the clutch cover too. You have some fine products there Pablo, but they are a little more then I have right now. We have some Beast hills over here (Mile Hill comes to mind) that the converter would be awesome for! I'll have to upgrade my bike's shifting setup before stepping up. It's time for a tune-up anyway.