Quick question about top speed…

GoldenMotor.com

Figura8x

Jul 13, 2021
I bought a motorized bicycle for cheap, everything works fine, How is it that I was able to reach 62km/h with it in a straightway, the bike is stock except a spring tensioner which I installed on it. I have a speedo on the bike as well as my cellphone speedometer and both where roughly at the same speed. phone showed 60 and the speedo 62. It felt really fast an I only had a bicycle helmet then, now I’m using a motorcycle helmet…lol

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
37 is pretty reasonable for a good running 2 stroke. Depends on the gearing and how heavy you are.

Figura8x

Jul 13, 2021
Thanks guys….I weight quite a lot, like 180lbs. It’s a 80cc 2 stroke with stock 44t sprocket. What’s a good over all cruising speed? I don’t want the motor overheating. Also how often should I take a brake to let the motor cool down if I go on a longer ride?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Thanks guys….I weight quite a lot, like 180lbs. It’s a 80cc 2 stroke with stock 44t sprocket. What’s a good over all cruising speed? I don’t want the motor overheating. Also how often should I take a brake to let the motor cool down if I go on a longer ride?
I weigh over 200 lbs & I've never really had a problem with these engines over heating... As long as the bike is moving, there's air blowing across the engine to keep it cool. ;)
It's it's also important to mix your gas & oil properly & don't jet the carb too lean... (I use 40:1 mix)

Figura8x

Jul 13, 2021
That’s what I use 40:1 and it seems to be running good, adjusted the carb step by step so I get no 4 stroking. Can I get your opinions, I’m planning on going trail / off-road biking and my plans are to use a 48t sprocket with an expansion chamber with muffler and a upgraded head for better cooling fins. I wanna build the bike so I don’t have to change sprockets for on or off road use. Do you guys think this would be a good setup?