Quick CA License Plate Mount

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by hollywood528, Feb 17, 2013.

1. hollywood528

hollywood528 New Member

I received my California license plate the other day. Took just under 3 weeks to get it after I mailed in the form and cashier check.
    I used the bicycles serial number that was stamped on the bottom bracket. I only sent $19 but it looks like it now costs $20, oops, but they gave it to me any way. :)
    On a bicycle you don't have many options at mounting locations. After checking out a few ideas and looking my bike over, I found two little holes on the rear above the axle that would be perfect for a custom made bracket.
    I used a small piece of angle iron with two holes drilled in it, these would mount to the bike itself. And I welded on a small piece of flat plate with a slight curve to it. I drilled a couple holes in that and mounted the plate.
    It works for now, and doesn't look to bad for a quickie job.
    Constructive criticism is appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Looks pretty dang good Hollywood.

3. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

It looks great! I like the side mount location too.

4. bigbutterbean

bigbutterbean New Member

Looks fine to me. I live in PA and was thinking of getting an old motorcycle license plate just for looks.

5. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Looks great!
    The DMV sends you the plate if you don't send enough money, thanks for the update.