Question on Long Distance rides

GoldenMotor.com

wasabi805

Jun 2, 2010
Santa Barbara, CA
Hi everyone.

If i were planning on making close to a 300 mile ride, what is a safe range of time that i can ride my HT motor until i have to pull over to let her cool down? How long should she cool for?

Thanks.

THSeaMonster

Jul 19, 2010
Richland, WA
What about engine failure from randomness?

What could you bring as a backup measure? I know i got pedals, but besides that?
(keep in mind it would have to fit in a backpack)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
What about engine failure from randomness?

What could you bring as a backup measure? I know i got pedals, but besides that?
(keep in mind it would have to fit in a backpack)
A cell phone. And let someone know where you're going so you have a backup rescue person who can bring you what you need or pick you and the bike up. A spare rear wheel, tube, tools, chain links, gas line, cables, etc. spare motor gets kind of heavy in the back pack. Randomness covers a large area including personal health and accidents. That's why such a trip is an adventure... venturing out into world of possibility.
SB

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
Im thinking of doing the same mate only issue I have is so far im not sure how many miles or kilometres here my tank will get me

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I don't think you noticed but this thread is 8 years old, I have rode 75 miles in a day on one of my bikes. Depending on tank size 70 to 75 miles should be close to your gas mileage, I would do a half tank run to see how far you can go. I carry a water bottle filled with fuel on long runs to get me back just in case.