pulse jet bike

GoldenMotor.com

DragonB

Sep 27, 2008
www.myspace.com
Has anyone here tried a pulse jet engine on a bike yet? I saw a video of one on you tube and it looked scary dangerous and extremely loud, just what my neighbors expect of me!

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! video tape the dual pulse jet ive seen the one on utube and know it looked scary/frickn awsome but 2 thats insane i cant help but want to watch

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Fo'sho'! Do you know what happens to a bicycle tire at 60 mph, much less 120? How about a wheel? Have you considered the forces put on a bicycle frame if you hit the slightest bump at 120 mph?

Also, Did you do your homework and find that a pulse jet large enough to propel a bicycle and rider to 120 is nearly impossible to mount to a bicycle- and what about the huge fuel supply needed?

If anyone is going 120 with a pulsejet on a bicycle, don't you think they would provide some evidence?

Last edited:

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
i think you can search pulse jet. softride is a engineer and did his homework on bearings and is using drag raceing tires. his jets are mounted low in an outrigger position. the guy building the jets is in oregon and after some test runs decided one jet would not produce enough thrust.the fuel equasion doesnt seem to be a problem as its a point and shoot proposition. i wish softride well and hope to witness the run. mitch

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This reminds me of the story about the guy who supposedly put JATO bottle in the trunk of Chevy Impala...then lit the fuse.
Tom

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
the reason my tale seems to have no credibility here is that the posts are on the other forum. if you are not afraid of getting some on ya. check there. mitch

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Fo'sho'! Do you know what happens to a bicycle tire at 60 mph, much less 120? How about a wheel? Have you considered the forces put on a bicycle frame if you hit the slightest bump at 120 mph?

Also, Did you do your homework and find that a pulse jet large enough to propel a bicycle and rider to 120 is nearly impossible to mount to a bicycle- and what about the huge fuel supply needed?

If anyone is going 120 with a pulsejet on a bicycle, don't you think they would provide some evidence?
Not only is Dan going to do it he plans to carry the fuel supply in the Hot Dog Cart he will tow behind it while scratching his butt and singing "Bridge over troubled waters". Happy New Yeaar Waalter F.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I am sure you can go 120 or whatever with a pulse jet. It is not for the faint of heart (or those without life insurance).

By the time you set up a "bicycle" to go that fast, it becomes a "motorcycle" for all intensive purposes.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
hey be sure to bring the hot dogs and buns.
The famous words of being a redneck and I quote!"Hey ya'all watch this"!
burn baby burn!!!!!!!! waste of good propane.dnut
Norman