Please help.

GoldenMotor.com

Andres Guerrero

Dec 19, 2018
I was riding my bike at around 20mph. All of sudden it bugged down and turned off.I Kept trying to turn it on and it will stay on while disengaging the clutch but once I try to ride it bogs down and turn off. Please help. TIA

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Welcome to this forum! Andres, from the minimal info in your post I must assume you are new to all of this. You do realize the clutch is either engaged or dis-engaged. You cannot feather from a dead stop. You must pedal up to a reasonable speed before engaging the clutch.
Easy common suspects relating to your described symptoms may be a couple things not clutch related.
First. If the fuel cap on the tank is not venting properly, the engine could be fuel starved. With fuel in the tank and the cap on tight, remove the fuel line from the carburator and stick the end of it into a fuel can, turn the valve on to see if you have a steady, uninterrupted flow of fuel. Give it a couple minutes. If fuel supply seems fine the Cap is venting properly. If the flow slowly turns into a trickle then drips to a stop - remove the cap to see if a good flow is restored. THE FIX is to drill a small hole 1/16 or less in the center of your cap. If this is not the prob----Then we'll move on to something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andres Guerrero

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome, if its a new engine kit what oil ratio are you using in the fuel? 16/1 will foul the sparkplug. Check for spark, remove the plug and hook the CDI back to the plug, lay the plug flat on the head and walk the bike to turn the engine over, look for spark from the plug. If no spark check all connection, if all is good try a new plug.

Reactions: Andres Guerrero

Andres Guerrero

Dec 19, 2018
Hi thanks for the welcome. And i do feather the clutch out whenever I have speed. I am using 16:1 since it is on the break in period. Through testing it. I turned the engine on and with the clutch disengages it idles good. The throttle work good aswell .but once i gain speed and engage the clutch it bogs down. Hopefully you can understand that. Thank you so much.

Andres Guerrero

Dec 19, 2018
What's weird is that with the clutch clutch disengaged it idles nice ..even when I give it throttle sounds nice . It's only when I get to ride it it starts the bogging until it shuts off

Andres Guerrero

Dec 19, 2018
Welcome to this forum! Andres, from the minimal info in your post I must assume you are new to all of this. You do realize the clutch is either engaged or dis-engaged. You cannot feather from a dead stop. You must pedal up to a reasonable speed before engaging the clutch.
Easy common suspects relating to your described symptoms may be a couple things not clutch related.
First. If the fuel cap on the tank is not venting properly, the engine could be fuel starved. With fuel in the tank and the cap on tight, remove the fuel line from the carburator and stick the end of it into a fuel can, turn the valve on to see if you have a steady, uninterrupted flow of fuel. Give it a couple minutes. If fuel supply seems fine the Cap is venting properly. If the flow slowly turns into a trickle then drips to a stop - remove the cap to see if a good flow is restored. THE FIX is to drill a small hole 1/16 or less in the center of your cap. If this is not the prob----Then we'll move on to something else.
Thank you Allen I will give this a try.

Andres Guerrero

Dec 19, 2018
curious what you discover. standing by. ALSO - Mix 4 oz oil 1 gal gas that = 32:1 forget that break in nonsense.
This Worked wow. Thank you so much Allen. I was beginning to loose all hope. But it is working much better now. I initially mixed a 16to 1. It seemed to work fine but I guess after 1 tank it might be too much oil in it. Thanks soo much!!