Pictures of my CH80 center mount, and rear mount tire roller bikes

GoldenMotor.com

chrisnbush

Jan 10, 2008
Richmond, NH
Hi -

Attached are my pics.

Thanks collectively for your help with my center mount bike. It is running like a kitten now, after solving problems over the last 6 months re:

1. Engine mounts - ended slitting old inner tube and glueing it around both forks of V frame, to reduce vibration (and hopefully so studs won't break like they did the first time).

2. Enging mounting clamps - after 1st one broke, from this EBAY kit, got clamps from THATSDAX and they seem to be good.

3. Engine running rough at high revs - sucking air through carb mount, put permatek gasket on carb mount, runs good now.

4. Stripped head bolt - initially thought it was stripped stud (hey, everything else has gone wrong !), on closer inspection it was head bolt (whew). Bought some regular (open) bolts and was able to torque to 15 ft lbs - manufacturer suggests 21, but I am not confident yet. Engine is no longer seeping oil out of head gasket.

5. Rear tire bearings went on my old schwinn cruiser frame - Bought new rear wheel with heavy duty spokes.

6. Kept getting flat tires on my new wheel - bike shop guy showed me how to CORRECTLY put in inner tube, partially inflated so it doesn't krinkel up in the tire.

Got my wife and daughter riding the rear tire roller bike today - they like it !

Thanks again, please reply if you have any questions

:)

cb

Attachments

chrisnbush

Jan 10, 2008
Richmond, NH
Sorry I took so long to get back to you, too many hobbies...

I got the rear mount from livefastmotors, put it on the bike in Fall of 2007

At this point wouldn't recommend it for reasons:

1. Needed to epoxy clutch drive cylinder to threads of tire roller, as it kept spinning off the roller when going down hills, locking up against the engine (!) - don't remember if I described this above.

2. Looks like the tire roller metal "teeth" are wearing out really fast. We have put maybe 300 miles on the bike and I don't think it should be wearing out so fast. I need to get a new roller at some point, and will need to get a clutch disk having epoxied it to the threads. Not sure at this point if I am even going to be able to get the tire roller out of the mount, having the disk epoxied on.

I have ridden this bike on some dirt roads, and on cinder (old railroad beds) wondering if this material is wearing off the teeth somehow. Anyone got experience with this ?

You should also look at Island Hoppers for rear mounts. Reasonable price, and I think they have been in business for awhile.

cb

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Got my wife and daughter riding the rear tire roller bike today - they like it !

Thanks again, please reply if you have any questions

:)

cb
Using the right safety equipment I hope... in the last week alone i have been almost taken out three times. Im a convert to helmets now..

Glad they enjoyed it - you realise that if either of them get hold of the CH80 you will be bikeless rotfl its that natural charm us girls have :)

Jemma xx