Photo resizing

GoldenMotor.com

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I hate the way that this site resizes attached photos. The purpose of the attachment is to allow a thumbnail or link to be accessed without slowing down the loading of the parent page. So why does it resize the original photo when opening it via the link or thumbnail? Can we get that improved?

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I think Cruiser did that because larger pictures would change the size of the window and people were complaining about having to slide back and forth to read the text after a large picture was posted. You just click on the pic and it will show full size...........

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I use Photoshoppe and resized most of mine before hand just so they don't take me an hour to upload to tinypic.com I am on dialup and EVERYTHING take forever.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I resize them too to 1000 x 750. The attachment uploads fine but when you click on the thumbnail in the post it opens a new window and then only displays the photo at 373 x 280 not the 1000 x 750 it was uploaded as. Here is an example. This photo was attached as 1000 x 750. When you click on the attachment what size photo do you get?

Attachments

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Go to Cruiser's 3rd entry in the "how to post pictures" thread in the Pictures and Video section. It explains how to do it. I don't like using a 3rd party photo sharing site.

In the same thread, look at Zoomcat's entry. His photo will come up full size. Why will that one and not other ones?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I resize them too to 1000 x 750. The attachment uploads fine but when you click on the thumbnail in the post it opens a new window and then only displays the photo at 373 x 280 not the 1000 x 750 it was uploaded as. Here is an example. This photo was attached as 1000 x 750. When you click on the attachment what size photo do you get?
I see what you are saying.....your .jpg got resized, even though it opens in a new tab. The other one didn't.

Send a pm to cruiser.

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am not sure what is going on. give me some time to figure it out. i have photos that are posted via a link resize so it does not make the stite out of proportion. however not sure on attatchments

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I didn't do anything but the suggestion I made to Cruiser did the trick. Works like a charm now. The only problem is that it is not backwards compatible. All previously posted attachments will always be small.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am slow but i get her done, not sure if anything can be done for older posts. sorry still learning this stuff. time to jump in the pool and celebrate lol. this is like a never ending vacation :D

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Thank you Paul. I have been continually disapointed while going through the threads and finding these thumb nail things, when you click on them you get sent to a diffrent screen with a slightly larger than thumb nail picture. I like to see detail on my pictures and I know there are many great bikes on here that I would like to get a closer look at. I use Imageshack and I've been told that Photobucket is another good hosting program that works well, and can resize right in the program...Kelly

Testing the thumbnail method: This is a mock up of a bike that I've been working on for somthing like three years now.