Photo posting test

GoldenMotor.com

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Well ok, that worked but seems huge! I thought i resized, it said 640 x 480. I am not seeing the thumbnail option in PhotoBucket. A little help please.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I can see the photo. It is of normal size and when I click on it it opens a new window and takes me to your photobucket.

It appears to be some sort of engine with a speed hole in the piston. Please advise what gains in performance you have experienced with this modification.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Yea, gotta little crazy with the walbro easy adjusting screws LOL. Sorry I didn't use a pic of a whole bike to test. Would you happen to know if there is still a thumb nail button in PhotoBucket? Any pic posting tips would be greatly appreciated 2Door. Thanks

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Chaz, I'm fairly certain we probably shouldn't get into that as we are not really in the correct subject matter for the thread. I do not have any problem telling you it's just kind of lengthy and not appropriate here. When I figure out the pics I will start a thread on the carnage you saw on photobucket.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Chaz, I'm fairly certain we probably shouldn't get into that as we are not really in the correct subject matter for the thread. I do not have any problem telling you it's just kind of lengthy and not appropriate here. When I figure out the pics I will start a thread on the carnage you saw on photobucket.

You are correct. I didn't mean to pry, but I can't resist an opportunity to use the phrase "speed hole".

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Everyone knows that 'speed holes' reduce the resistance of high compression. It stands to reason that if the piston has a hole in it there is less resistance as the piston travels upward in the cylinder therefor the engine should spin faster. Right?

I think you're onto something, Skitchfish. :)

Tom

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My "speed hole" looks much different than that.....it's located nowhere near the piston, butt un-burned gasses pass through it much the same and it's methane gas and contains no ethanol.

I would post a pic, butt too much hair is blocking the hole and photobucket does not use thumbnails anymore......thank goodness!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I hope some new builder doesn't read this thread and not get the humor and go drill a big hole in his piston.

"Hey, I saw it on motorbicycling.com. It muct be true"

Tom

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I've seen low compression silent pistons. These are made with the crown at the top of the bore, and the skirts attached to the rod to go up and down. They were a touch down on power, I remember.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
I've heard that some of those skirts can get really noisy even though it is a silent piston. There was a problem with really high maintenance in some cases also.