Phatmoto 2020 wide pedal crank kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Weakbiscuits

Aug 22, 2020
Hey guys. Husband and I are newbs to the motor bike world. We bought 2 phatmoto 2020s few months back. Some jerk tried to steal them and in the process, because he couldn't drive em, tried to ditch them in the woods and messed them up. My love has been making repairs as parts arrive but we've ran into a problem. A replacement part that we needed was the pedal crank kit. The 2pc. Wide pedal crank kit they sent isn't going to work. My husband says the exact piece is called bottom bracket seal cartridge. They term may not be exactly accurate (he smokes allot).lol! Anyway there no other option on gasbikes.net to order for the correct part. We've emailed them but haven't heard back yet. Did Google search looking for another possible place to purchase the exact part we need. No luck. The first pic is the actual piece we need. Second pic is what they sent as a replacement that won't work. Anybody have any ideas where I could go online to find that part that will work? I tried to type in exact name and measurements that are on the piece itself but couldn't find anything. Tia for any feedback

Attachments

Reactions: fasteddy

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
Hey guys. Husband and I are newbs to the motor bike world. We bought 2 phatmoto 2020s few months back. Some jerk tried to steal them and in the process, because he couldn't drive em, tried to ditch them in the woods and messed them up. My love has been making repairs as parts arrive but we've ran into a problem. A replacement part that we needed was the pedal crank kit. The 2pc. Wide pedal crank kit they sent isn't going to work. My husband says the exact piece is called bottom bracket seal cartridge. They term may not be exactly accurate (he smokes allot).lol! Anyway there no other option on gasbikes.net to order for the correct part. We've emailed them but haven't heard back yet. Did Google search looking for another possible place to purchase the exact part we need. No luck. The first pic is the actual piece we need. Second pic is what they sent as a replacement that won't work. Anybody have any ideas where I could go online to find that part that will work? I tried to type in exact name and measurements that are on the piece itself but couldn't find anything. Tia for any feedback
Weakbiskiscuites,
I ordered a lower bracket kit from Gasbike a little while back and they sent a kit of parts with a shaft similar to the one shown in your second picture. May be this is what they are selling these days for rebuilding the lower bracket? Forget the sprocket and crank arm shown in the picture, this is my project to add extra chain rings to the assembly. The parts kit is from FIRST Components
www.firstcomponents.com

Attachments

Last edited:

Weakbiscuits

Aug 22, 2020
Have you checked some of the other sponsors on side bar of the forum?............Curt
No. We just got here. I wish my husband was more techy or I was more mechanical because of course that would help us both. Ty for your suggestion we are going to look there. If can't find it there there are 3 local bike shops were going to try when they open on Tuesday

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
If and When you do Go to a bike shop bring parts and tell them is from a off brand bicycle. Some bike shops won’t sell you parts if they catc h wind of it being a motorized bike. I guess the tight spandex and the added vibration is to much for them to handle! Good luck

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
If and When you do Go to a bike shop bring parts and tell them is from a off brand bicycle. Some bike shops won’t sell you parts if they catc h wind of it being a motorized bike. I guess the tight spandex and the added vibration is to much for them to handle! Good luck
LOL so true

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Sick Bike Parts at the top of the page has a number of different crank sets in their bike parts and tool section. Excellent company to deal with.

Welcome to the forum. Great to hear the crook didn't get away with the bikes.

Steve.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Weakbiscuits

Aug 22, 2020
Omg rotfl! Thanks for the tip. Good to know

Weakbiscuits

Aug 22, 2020
Weakbiskiscuites,
I ordered a lower bracket kit from Gasbike a little while back and they sent a kit of parts with a shaft similar to the one shown in your second picture. May be this is what they are selling these days for rebuilding the lower bracket? Forget the sprocket and crank arm shown in the picture, this is my project to add extra chain rings to the assembly. The parts kit is from FIRST Components
www.firstcomponents.com
Not sure how I missed this post reply but ty. I think this may be the answer