! PFFST ! Phoenix Felt Four Stroke Twin :)

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I feel ya!!!! same thing with BearingsDirect( boycot them)I ordered the caged needle bearing on the 12th of last month and when I talked to them they acted like it was my fault! here it is the 15th, 34 days later and still no part, last time I talked to them was Mon/Tues. How do they stay in businness????? beats the _ _ _ _ outta me one stinking part holds up the whole shabang

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well. I got my motor mount back today. Fought with mounting the engine trans combo for a lot of the day and finally discovered that the belt I just took back to Granger this morning may just be the right size after all. as the one I got to replace it is too short :-|| I finally have the rear lights hooked up and they work great . Heres a few pics.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Course by the time I figured out the belt wasnt gonna work and had it off the bike and back to Granger they had been closed for 3 1/2 min...

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well Velo D glad to see you got your light to work and it's a Dammnnn Good Looking !!one too, where in the world did you get it and is it readily available to all or was a school bus the donor ?
Are you going to show use that motor mount(ed) as well
Oh! and got my bearing today HEE HAW!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Man. I hate relying on other people to do things. I had a bike seat pan at an upholstery shop for three weeks. They hadn't touched it when I went back to get it....and, they wanted to raise the price they'd quoted me another $100.

I had a rear axle housing powdercoated a couple of years ago. Instead of the two days they promised it was five and then the coating was so soft it scraped off when I was installing the rear end in the car. That kind of stuff just pi$$es me off to no end.

Nevertheless, Velo, your bike is still looking good, sir. Keep those photos and the progress coming.
Tom

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Tom. Was that the seat for your Captan America build? ( which I lust after by the way ) I made a little headway today and a little A$$way also. Headway ( steps forward ) I got the proper length secondary belt and it fits. I almost have the motor where it will be permently. I think I want to move it forward bout 1/4 inch but thats easy now. Belt tensioner re-engineered and WORKING! Fuel lines and shutoff valve on but not in final routing. Front battery bag held down from sliding back and forth by one TINY brass screw through one leather strap into the bar. Throttle cable modified to give full throttle AND work with the AGK linkage ! YEA ! Steps A$$wards. ( steps back ) Cut 2 too many links off my drive chain.:-|| Too short...Now Im hosed as ya cant really put two masters togather. I'll go get a new chain tomarow and figure out what to do about it. Belt / chain adjustment is very tricky on this one because I have only bout a 3/8 in either direction from full contact with the front of the rear fender and contact with the back of the rear fender because of the super fatty tires I'm fixated on. Im thinking about a tensioner on the pedel side drive chain to make my liife easer. Any sugestions would be welcome ! ( except for the stock China kit POS tensioners with two or four bolts )

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Now from what I'm told if you have a kick back brake, tensioners often brake and I know you don't want to weld it on to the frame, I was playing with the idea of a brake arm bolted through the (r) side drop out with 2 small bolts then a 10 t cog (you can get a Pirates), possibly bend the brake arm like we do for the clearence through the drive sprocket, remember when you get your chain get more than enough(double) for what you need.
You can get a so called Sturmey archer brake arm on ebay, I got mine for a $1.o5 chrome no markings,something to think about

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I know you don't want to weld on that pretty frame and paint but if at some point in the future, after a few road miles, knicks and scratches, you might consider this idea.
Just a little bracket welded to the chain stay and a derailer sprocket, one with a good bearing, and it works well with coaster brakes. Clean and simple.

Tom

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
OK! Show off... seriously it looks GRRREEEAAATTT!!!!!!!!!I like the peddles where did you get em and how much ? I put some chrome stuff on the Indian but really not as far along as you are looks GOOD!!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thats the side he jacked up when the bike fell off the rope, HA!HA!HA! (LOL) just kidding!
Hey! VELO..... check my thread and tell me what you think of my engine mock up