! PFFST ! Phoenix Felt Four Stroke Twin :)

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Velo,
Just curious how those rear chain/wheel adjusters are working for you. I need to tighten the chain on my chopper and I'm dreading it. It's a PITA and those things look like the way to go.

Tom

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Hey Chain! Today I had the scheve adjusted on a wheel trueing stand. Runs smooth as glass now. I think I hit 29.999 MPH today after ( cant go faster. I'm in the 20 MPH club :) ) Made an adjustment on the tensioner also. I changed the arrangment for the tensioner and its working good now on this frame. Im really liking the belt as opposed to the chain drive on my BTR 2 stroke. Its very smooth and quiet and CLEAN! No oil grease stains on those fatty creem tires. Tom. Get the dropout tensioners! Youll love it. Dont know if it will solve your problems but they are very well made and worth every penny IMO. I replaced the 1.88 front drive pulley with a 2 inch. I dont feel much difference. What I am noticing is the bike seems to make more power at speed when at a partial throttle setting rather than at WOT. Any ideas guys?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Velo,
Not trying to highjack your thread but I got a set of those adjusters. The drop outs on my Nirve chopper were very long and they required a little trimming. It was either shorten the drop outs or add some to my chain. It only required removal of about 1/4" of material and the adjusters went right on.

Guys, these things work great. Just loosen the axle nuts, and the coaster brake arm if you have one, then screw inward on the Allen Head cap screws and the chain tension is easily adjusted. Naturally they require horizontal drop outs like those found on single speed bikes or those with internally geared hubs.

As most of you know tightening the drive or pedal chain only requires a very small movement; usually less than an 1/8". These things make micro adjustments so easy. I have a tensioner on the pedal chain but the engine drive chain doesn't. I've put about 200 miles on the #41 chain and it was getting just a little loose. Five minute job to tighten it.
Thanks for the idea, Velo. Really appreciate it.

Tom

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Took the bike up to the Scottsdale Pavilions car / bike show last night. HOLY CRAP!! At one point I was surrounded by people fireing questions at me. :) What fun. All the fastest and the best old and new MC's there and My MB was getting most of the looks coments and questions. Guess its such an oddity people are naturally attracted to it.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Look Man ! if your going to take this bike on tour we want pic's PIC'S Man! and better yet we wanna see you riden it!. (LOL)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
When you do the youtube thingy, speed up the tape so it looks like your going faster then for real Ha!hA!Ha! that would be so cool!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Few weeks ago I took the Twin up to azbill so we could try out some new parts from EZ. I've had major clutch slippage and the clutch / pulley shaft kept wanting to go side to side. We had limited sucess. My clutch, after a good clean out is slightly better, but Im thinking its time for a new one. The new shaft is machined with a flat bit for the set screw to live in and keep it from drifting. This works great; but it was machined too large to fit the beirings right off the bat. Nothing a little grinding and sanding wouldnt fix. Gave bill amd myself fits though. Got one beiring on and then couldnt get it back off again. Had a heck of a time. Running great now and had it up to the local car show again last week. Road it arround some and answered LOTS of questions. Only other thing new is a cup holder for my post coffee shop ride home. Heres some pics just for fun.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Did I ever tell Ya, Thats a Damnn good look'n bike, insted of putting Mountain Dew in the cup next time put some green tea in it Ha!hA!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Bill! I'm thinking I still have clutch issues. I'll have you ride it again soon and see what you think. I took the clutch apart again and scrubbed it down REAL GOOD with brake cleaner ( whole can) and a stainless steel tooth brush. before reassembeling. I got a lot more gunk out, but its still really slow to start off. Better than when we started though. Wonder if Q can make up another 49cc clutch with pulley for belt drive?

Last edited:

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
Did I ever tell Ya, Thats a Damnn good look'n bike, insted of putting Mountain Dew in the cup next time put some green tea in it Ha!hA!
the mountain dew is for balance its a precision machine i love the look of it and i wish i had a frame like that to work with.
( *jealous*:( )

i need a jealous face or icon there are to many sweet rides i wish i had.