! PFFST ! Phoenix Felt Four Stroke Twin :)

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
You know Velo,

Ive actually never had the first problem from my adel clamp. Mine is the weak alum type too.......Ive used smaller ones for my far rear exhaust mount and those have crapped out on me, even the steel ones. Yssou did put a new thought in my mind for them tho, suggesting doubling them up is GENIUS!
Thanks! But dont confuse genius for CHEAP! laff

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hows the finger? I still see the band aide, but on to the bike, they sell those kind of clamps in stainless steel too just keep your eye open for them specifically at the auto parts store, more so at higher end parts stores but double the strentgh out to do it.
Were you able to get the fender strut straightened out?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
As far as I can tell they are steel. No the fender strut was toast. I just happened to have a spare. Finger is about 90% now.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well glad to hear both were salvaged, those are sharp fenders,PM with an email add I have a secret to show you, you'll be the 2nd to have knowledge of it

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
FINALLY! Got my Troxel seat and seat post sorted and on the bike! The stock Felt seat post end did not fit the Troxel and I had my body / paint man modify the post to make it work. Heres some shots!

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Dude! thats pretty impressive and I like the carmel color in keeping with the pin stripes on the fenders.
How come! you got that AWSOME! Taylar build in the corner collect'n dust ? I actually was in Dans shop a couple of times while he was building it, so I hope you understand the emotional connection (LOL!)

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I like the olde stylee look of the Troxel. The back springs are almost the size of a Coke can :) Honestly though; the Felt seat is slightly more comfortable. The BTR is about to be revisited and finished. I have a flathead motor for it Im tinking on now. Gotta get in touch with Pat to see if his reduction system on the S.F. 200 will work with my setup and motor.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Sometimes aimless wandering in the isles of Ace Hardware pays off! :) Found my solution for the front brake problem that will eliminate the aparently weak adel clamps. Its a 1"X3" stainless pipe repair clamp. Pics as things develop but heres sort of what it looks like.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
! WOOF ! Thats much more robust! Heres some pics of the part and a quicky test fit. These are nicely padded on the inside but I think Im gonna add some of my black mouse pad material for a slightly tighter fit. Im gonna cut it down with a cutoff wheel about a 1/2 inch on each end. I will also have to redo the bolt / nut / Washer combo to be compatable with the Sturmey Archer brake.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey! Velo...........
Just a question, do you think you could flip that unit around so that the bolt (nutted side) is on the outside of the wheel insted of facing inside toward the spokes, I don't doubt you are going to cut it down, just a little forsight incase anything turns,brakes or lunges forward you don't have to worry about that bolt rip'n the spokes out

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
That bolt is going away alltogather. And the clamp is going on the other side. This was just a test fit to see how its gonna work out. .weld

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well... After fighting with it all day yesterday, Im back to using the double adel clamp :-|| The big stainless pipe clamp is; I'm quite sure; MORE than up to the task, but it is simply too stout and large to work on this particular build. The clamp interferes with the brake adjusting rod clamp thingy hanging off the torque arm of the S/A, and no amount of fiddelng or cutoff wheeling is gonna make it fit withoout modifing the torque arm ( read bending ) and I just dont wanna do that.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thats to bad! it did look like the solution to the problem, would the chain tensioner bracket for Chinee kits work? just a thought.