pant legs

GoldenMotor.com

wayde

Jan 20, 2008
Niagara falls canada
i did not install the chain gaurd because it looks mor dangerous than helpfull but i did get a pant leg in the engine lucky enough i was slowing down and managed to put the right leg down and not fall on my head

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Funny - I was talking to someone about their uppipe the other day and joking about wearing hot pants while riding to avoid melted cheezy polyester fabric......so far no takers.....

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have ruined a couple of pairs of those dockers type pants just a lot of chain grease on the leg, no great loss though. I prefer jeans!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
make your self a garter:confused:
what I mean is take a strip of velcro and make a strap that you can secure your pantleg with or in a pinch use electrical tape beats gettin drug off the bike by a man eating chain.
I wonder why it does that, pant leg in the chain and it wants to keep turning until it drags you off?
Or am I remembering it wrong?!!rotfl

Do use the guards I carry scars from no chain guards. took 20 stitches to close up my leg when I was a kid.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Sounds like there are a few "issues" with the chain guards. I found that if you mount it to the frame of the bike, it works perfectly. Mine has been on for a year now with no problems. Just use the rear mount as always and at the front snip or bend that slotted tab out of sight.(the part that is supposed to be bolted to the engine) Get an " L " bracket that is about an inch long and attach on the bike frame with two zip ties. Now rest the front top edge of the chain guard on the bracket and drill a hole so that you bolt the guard to the bracket. I don't know if any of this made sense but when you are done, you don't even see this mod because the guard is covering it. Even better, I will show off my "paint" skills and draw it out for you. lol:

Attachments