Okie newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by xseler, Apr 14, 2013.

1. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

Just completed my build today. Used a Skyhawk 66cc for my first attempt in the motorized bike world. Engine started very quick and everything worked as it should. I look forward to learning more in the near future!

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      253.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice ride xseler, welcome to the forum.

3. d_gizzle

d_gizzle New Member

Welcome to the forum from Ardmore,OK. Great looking ride. That's what I really wanted my first build to look like,with all the red & black. But I was using the huasheng/4g setup. Are you gonna paint the motor to match the bike? That would icing on a beautiful cake.

4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill New Member

The red wheels really look great on that bike!

5. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

I'm probably not going to paint the engine. I actually ordered it in the silver so that it would stand out against the flat black frame. I will be painting the fuel tank flat black after the break in period.

I lived in Ardmore for a few years back in the early '90s.....was friends with some of the Stolfa boys.

6. d_gizzle

d_gizzle New Member

That name seems familiar,but I left ardmore in '92 and didn't come back till 2007. I got some family that never left though. You know any of the Presley family? Or maybe the Bradshaw's?

7. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

Stolfa Hardware was on the east end of Main Street.......across from the old Daube building.

8. d_gizzle

d_gizzle New Member

I know that building,its still there. I'm not sure what's in there,maybe city hall? Now I'm gonna have to ride over there and try to jog the memory. Oh, and my mother in law has worked at the post office here for about thirty years as well. I will post some pics when I get there,see if it looks anything like it did bitd.