Oil mixture

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I just got my new woodruff key http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac314/Dirtcar28/b497ce87.jpg

I need to shave it down a bit, but I'll make it nice and firm and see what happens.

Truly I have no idea why they would want that magnet rotor to have so much play....oh I know...cause it is a cheap POS lol.

Slowly I will fix the poor little motor up. It's not the engine's fault...it is the people who put it together, faults. They just don't give a shiat in China I guess.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Slowly I will fix the poor little motor up. It's not the engine's fault...it is the people who put it together, faults. They just don't give a shiat in China I guess.
You are right, they don't give a sh|t.
That's why we get toys with lead paint on them, antifreeze in toothpaste, poison in pet foods, formaldehyde in sheetrock, etc., all from wonderful China.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
After ten pages here, you *have* to get it running. :)
I'll never show my face around here again if I don't lol

Hopefully it will help others in weeding down the problems with em.

I'll keep the videos up for others and if I can get the new key in and it runs..I'll make a better quality video on how I did it.

Back to the garage *stomps all the way out*

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
On the Cranbrook...yesterday I noticed the pedal coming loose from the crank...only a couple of threads before it came out and I drilled my foot into the road.

Oh....it's made in China.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nah, the rotor should not rotate on the shaft.

I was kinda bummed that my motor was made 2 years ago. March 2009. Rust in tank that I had to deal with, but it started right up.

That's the same guy (Kalamazoo MI) that I got my Starfire GT4 from.

Luck of the draw I guess...

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Nah, the rotor should not rotate on the shaft.

I was kinda bummed that my motor was made 2 years ago. March 2009. Rust in tank that I had to deal with, but it started right up.

That's the same guy (Kalamazoo MI) that I got my Starfire GT4 from.

Luck of the draw I guess...

I'm going to get it running no matter what lol The little !@$#%!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Eric,
Several of us have decided that we will not shave until you get that thing running. Our wives are depending on you. Keep us informed.
Tom

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Is it running yet?
Huh?
Huh?
Huh?

We are all waiting for you to tell us that the problem is solved and the engine has started and is running.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
ship me the motor and i will trade you for a grubee gt5 that i know runs and has less than 10 miles on it. it comes with the throttle and cdi because its all soldered together basically bolt on the bike ziptie the cdi to frame hook up throttle done. I'm willing to do this because i know i can get yours running. just pay the shipping and done.

Last edited:

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I think he got the engine running, and is having too much fun riding around to bother getting on the computer for the next few weeks.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
ship me the motor and i will trade you for a grubee gt5 that i know runs and has less than 10 miles on it. it comes with the throttle and cdi because its all soldered together basically bolt on the bike ziptie the cdi to frame hook up throttle done. I'm willing to do this because i know i can get yours running. just pay the shipping and done.
I've been in the shop fashioning a key for the mag rotor and I hope it comes out nice and the rotor is tight on the crank.

I'll think about your offer if it doesn't start after that.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Wow, man, are you kidding me?

Hours making a nice, new woodruff key, finally got the rotor back on and it's super tight no play. Went out, pedaled for half a freakin hour.....nothing.

Came back, got a new spark plug, leaned out the carb by moving the c-clip up on the needle....went back out.....nothing, zilch....dead as well as my legs being dead from pedaling.

Thanks guys, but I'm done.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Oh and to add to the misery, the pedal broke off the Cranbrook and I almost fell off. The threads where the pedal thread to the crank....totally stripped and smooth....

Oh and on the frame it says made in China.....I'm getting damn tired of this Chinese crap....

Where the **** is American pride?...I would be glad to pay ful lprice if the damn thing would actually work.

Thanks again for trying....this just isn't for me.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Just my 2 cents.

Drill a hole and use an easyout on the broken pedal stub or, Slot the broken stub with a dremel and use a screwdriver.

Why not just take up someone on their offer of an exchange.

Did you ever check to make sure you are getting fuel into the engine?
Leaky flange from carb to manifold.
Remove the sparkplug place a teaspoom of fuel oil mix in the hole. replace the plug a see if it fires.

You would not like the American price for a bicycle or the engine.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Maybe you are missing something that is obvious?
It happens to all of us, we fight and fight with something, and then, just as we are about to give up, we realize what the problem is, and smack our foreheads in disbelief.
These things really are very easy to start:
YouTube - Motorized Bicycle Easy Start

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep Yep Yep.......and another yep!

you are so right on these points.

It has to be a simple fix I wuld think and yes these engines are very easy to start.

Maybe you are missing something that is obvious?
It happens to all of us, we fight and fight with something, and then, just as we are about to give up, we realize what the problem is, and smack our foreheads in disbelief.
These things really are very easy to start:
YouTube - Motorized Bicycle Easy Start

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I'm back LOL.

Well today I got it to sputter and "kinda" run(the head got warm as well as the pipe). Throttle had no effect, choking either, but it would fire and sputter and try to run then quit. With no effect from the throttle, I am thinking the carb had a vacuum leak so I checked it out and noticed the fuel bowl had oily film and gas on it. I suspected the seal was bad....soooo here is a video to show what I did. I'l give it another go in the morn and see what happens.

I'm getting closer I believe. YouTube - CarbAndGasket

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Throttle having no effect - did you put the throttle slide/barrel in backwards? Gotta ask. :p

Don't forget - that red gasket for the fuel drain I've had fail on me a multitude of times, that could have had a slight leak and vapors hit the outside of the bowl.

I'm gonna catch up with what all's going on with your situation though. :D

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
It's on right lol.. It won't actually go into the bore without the slot aligned.

I'm also mixing up a 40:1 ratio of synthetic to gas. I was trying 32:1 normal 2 stroke oil from Wal-Mart.....so maby just maby that Wal-Mart oil won't let it spark up.

At least I have plenty of gas for the weed eater now....and it won't be wasted.