Odd Engine

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Looks like it would have to have a rotary valve with the carb mounted to the crankcase, Suzuki made motorcycles with the carb inside the case with a rotating disc as the valve. How the one in the picture works would be interesting.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Probably a reed valve being front mounted. As I remember the older bikes with the rotary valves had the carb in the case on the engines side. I believe the original Russian engines had the carb case mounted also. Looks like the muffler is on the front also next to the carb? Is the big round object a wheel hub that inserts into the hole in the engines case? Looks like it may have spoke holes? What ever it is its pretty weird.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I wonder what its for, looks like a pass through gear box for a keyed shaft, I've worked on conveyor reducer made that way.

Degoragon

Apr 7, 2019
Looks like its designed to be mounted under the frame, possibly using the pedal shaft to help hold up the engine. Kinda like those old Ducati Cicolo units, except 2 stroke.

Degoragon

Apr 7, 2019
Looking at the hub on the left, I am beginning to wonder if its actually a "motorwheel kit"