October 19th 2013 Socal Motor Bicycle Racing At Grange Motor Circuit!

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Re: October 2013 Race At Grange?

I had a great time, as usual. The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too windy. Really enjoyed hanging out with a super cool bunch of guys who are all just as obsessed with these kind of silly mini-motorcycles.

Had tons of fun battling it out on the track with one of the Joker machine crew, Dave Rust, Nashmoto momentarily (he passes me and I never see him again). Even had fun getting stuck behind Roland a couple of times on the diesel bike with the James Bond smoke screen. They don't call it "Old Smokey" for nothing.

Really sad to see Richard from Joker machine get injured. I went down on the same turn just before him, so I really hope I did not contribute to his spill. Speedy recovery and well wishes.

After shutting down my hot engine waiting for the main mid-range re-start, my exhaust valve was stuck open, so I could not restart the engine, causing a DNF, but my new Briggs motor felt pretty good on the track prior, so I was happy.

My sincere apologies to Jeff for laying down is super-awesome power monster. That bike had crazy torque and it was hard not to do burn outs when exiting a turn and hitting the gas. I really want to pay you for the damages, but I know you won't allow that. Maybe I will secretly send you money in the mail or something.

Thanks Neil for putting on these races. I hope they continue for as long as you want them to.

Gilbert
Gilbert you don't owe me chit bro... I had that fixed in an hour. I rode that bike to east LA looking for some drag race action.... What I did see was a bunch of barber shop guys chasing me...

It was a good time...laff

Last edited:

mojavemesa

Jan 19, 2012
high desert

Everyone's dyno results have been emailed. I encourage you all to share the results. Thank you Neil for the awesome time.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

Everyone's dyno results have been emailed. I encourage you all to share the results. Thank you Neil for the awesome time.
Thanks Ryan for your franken dyno and all your help making these races happen.

Thanks to Ryan, Travis and local Apple Valley enthusiasts none of the riders has to "volunteer" to
do corner work flagging and the onerous task of scoring the races. :)

We also get cute umbrella girls and a very good photographer from the moped guys.

Check out a cropped pic on Facebook that Carrie took of the lunch time cruise line up of most of the riders. I do see quite a few racers missing from the line up though?
www.facebook.com/MotorizedBicycleRacing

Huge Thanks to Everyone that made this race happen and contributed in any way!
Great racing, racers, sponsors, prizes, trophies and bike show.

Will be adding more info and updates soon! :D

All the best to Joe # 43 who broke his shoulder and of course
to Richard, Joker Machine who got a little banged up in the
Midrange class. He was taken to the hospital with a possible
shoulder injury and I haven't had any updates on his condition.

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca

Ya I see it Steve through Andy's videos, I have the sprockets already. Thanks Andy for posting the vids, see yall next race.

Last edited:

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california

Thanks Neil for putting on another great race. Both my bikes ran great but I think the 66cc China is a little tired. I'll have to freshen up the motor.
Woke up this morning with sore legs, feels like I was pedaling my ass off yesterday oh wait I was. I got caught up in a couple of battles on the track. I couldn't shake Norm and inched him at the finish line and chased Kevin around the whole race. I was dead beat for the intermediate final and had to jump on the Midrange bike for that final. Hated to see Richard get hurt during that race and hope he is OK. I chased a arrow bike around almost the whole race and was able to sneak by him in a turn for second place.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

1st Race Willow Springs Go Kart Track June 18th 2011

2nd Race Grange Motor Circuit October 22nd 2011 CCW

3rd Race Grange Motor Circuit April 7th 2012 CCW

4th Race Grange Motor Circuit June 2nd 2012 CW

5th Race Grange Motor Circuit October 20th 2012 CCW

6th Race Grange Motor Circuit April 13th 2013 CCW

7th Race Grange Motor Circuit June 1st 2013 CW

8th Race Willow Springs 1/4 Mile Oval July 27th 2013

9th Race Willow Springs 1/4 Mile Oval Sept 7th 2013

10th Race Grange Motor Circuit October 19th 2013 CW

11th Race Saturday December 7th 2013 at Willow Springs 1/4 mile Paved Oval

12th Race Willow Springs Go Kart Track April 12th 2014
A reminder that you have another chance at fun oval racing in only 47 days!

It will be a day time race on Saturday December 7th 2013 at Willow Springs
with a working portable PA like we use at Grange.

Please email me to pre-register for this smaller fun race.

Last edited:

nashmoto

Apr 21, 2010
Northern California

What a fun weekend! Special thanks to Dave Rust for getting my Arrow Motorized Cycles engine tuned and jetted correctly and for various parts I know to bring next time. Shane and Scotto saved me from a DNF in the final by spotting a chain link pin ready to pop out - Thanks guys! Also Scott from Silver State Cycles stepped in with a gasket that kept the 2-stroke running. Too bad I didn't keep it together to finish the final, next time for sure.

Thanks again Neil for putting these races together. I wouldn't make the long trip from north of San Francisco if it wasn't so much fun. And all the sponsors kicking in amazing parts, prizes and the trophies, Keep it up.

To all the riders that keep building crazy cool bikes and racing - Thanks and see you in the Spring.

PS. A video clip from these races is in the works for later this week ...promise.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california

What a fun weekend! Special thanks to Dave Rust for getting my Arrow Motorized Cycles engine tuned and jetted correctly and for various parts I know to bring next time. Shane and Scotto saved me from a DNF in the final by spotting a chain link pin ready to pop out - Thanks guys! Also Scott from Silver State Cycles stepped in with a gasket that kept the 2-stroke running. Too bad I didn't keep it together to finish the final, next time for sure.

Thanks again Neil for putting these races together. I wouldn't make the long trip from north of San Francisco if it wasn't so much fun. And all the sponsors kicking in amazing parts, prizes and the trophies, Keep it up.

To all the riders that keep building crazy cool bikes and racing - Thanks and see you in the Spring.

PS. A video clip from these races is in the works for later this week ...promise.
Had a great time racing with you Brian , your fast on anything you ride .

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.

Thanks Neil, you did it again. Had a lot of fun racing and visiting. Neil and Scotto saved me a place under the canopy but I ended up between AGK and the Red Baron. Came upon the crash in the final race and it looked pretty bad. Hope he's okay. Weather was great. Had a decent turn out. Excellent racing with a lot of close dicing between the front runners. My bike ran good and the transmission worked flawlessly but shifted a little soon for the track . A little down on power with the altitude. Got some good ideas on gearing and exhaust mods. Hope to do better at the next event. Oh, I got smoked by Big Boy's bike again.
How much fun can we have????

See you in April!

Attachments

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.

A BIG thank you to Neil for putting on another fantastic event!

AND a special thanks to Jeff for all his help!

AND..... to Scotto: I SMOKED YOU!!!!!!!! See you in April!

We had so much fun.

This is really a first class event, showcasing so many innovations
and artistic expressions, and also some full-on racing machines and
riders, who put on an impressive effort in that direction. Our Diesel bike
clanked and puffed it's way across the finish line, and was not in last place!

Success!!

Attachments

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.

A few pics, some amateur class, some Mid Range.....

I only posted the next two pics because it looks like Im in the lead (Something I aspire to do one day)

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles

OKAY --you guys and gals had toooo much fun

thanks to all for posting great pictures!!!

super videos andy as always-
loved the intermediate final -- how norm´s orange helmet kept popping into frame-- great competition!!!!

Sorry to hear a few riders left a piece of themselves on the track
I hope they heal up fast!!!

Neil --sounds like you did it again!! congrats

keep the videos and pics coming -- for all us vicarious participants

riding my china girl in Belgium whenever the weather permits--
get a lot of thumbs up from those who notice

ride safe

Last edited: