O ring keeps popping off rear wheel hub

GoldenMotor.com

domN8er

Aug 16, 2016
california
Hello, I have a 66cc two stroke engine on a hyper cruiser bicycle. It went great for the first few miles but now the o ring keeps popping off the rear hub releasing the bicycle sprocket and I can’t pedal or stop (using coaster brake). I reseat it and it pops off within minutes anyone have any advice?
your ring is delicate and gets stretched easy the metal used has crappy memory so it gets warped and wont stay on sadly hard to find just a ring just a tip if you find any coaster bike even the little kids ones they are all the same size so you can use one of those

SlinkyW

Mar 28, 2020
your ring is delicate and gets stretched easy the metal used has crappy memory so it gets warped and wont stay on sadly hard to find just a ring just a tip if you find any coaster bike even the little kids ones they are all the same size so you can use one of those
Thanks for the response man, just an update on this for anyone with a similar situation. I replaced my inner hub with a shimano coaster brake which had a squared o ring that holds up much better and I haven’t had any problems since.