NT carb stock jet size?

GoldenMotor.com

mattrgray

Mar 21, 2017
massachusetts
So I've got my NT on and its running good but it is fouling the plugs after 30 miles or so. Ive moved the needle down to make it run a little leaner but its not really helping. My question is what size jet comes stock with the NT, I know I want to make it leaner but where do I start.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Move the clip up to lean, down to richen. As you open the throttle the needle is raised out of the jet to let fuel be drawn into the engine, so the longer the needle stays in the jet the leaner the mixture. At wide open the needle has no effect, then the jet size controls the mixture. First get the jet right then lower the needle to get the setting from idle to mid range. Most stock nt carbs are rich so replacing or soldering and redrilling the jet is the only option.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Everyone has their opinion but I run good smokeless oil at 32/1 and have had good success, a good after market air cleaner helps engine life also.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I've always soldered and drilled my jets, its so hard to recommend what someone needs I suggest a micro drill set. I've learned like most that one engine needs a 71 while the next needs a 66 or 68.

mattrgray

Mar 21, 2017
massachusetts
I've always soldered and drilled my jets, its so hard to recommend what someone needs I suggest a micro drill set. I've learned like most that one engine needs a 71 while the next needs a 66 or 68.
Jets aren't that much for a set of them so I'll just buy some for now, I haven't tried drilling and soldering jets but ill try it sometime, Thanks.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Like Greg also said, oil ratio also comes into play with the jet size. I run 50:1 synthetic, and my setup is happiest with a 64 and the needle set on the second notch from the top. If I ran 40 or 32:1, the jet would usually be bigger.

As also stated, your results may vary.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
I am running a 66 jet, with a 20:1 ratio. I am progressively working up to a 35:1 ratio. I have to have the throttle cable tightened to the point where I'm idling at 1800± rpm to keep it from dying. Once I get to the 35:1 ratio, I should be able to loosen the cable again.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
What type of oil are you using? It sounds like you need to lean out the oil ratio before changing the jet. I start a new engine at 24/1 then as mentioned go to 32/1. I'm still running one bike that I built in August 2011 that is running that ratio.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
All motors are a bit different. NT work best for me. With a brand new engine I start with the 32/1 ratio. Before the first start I'll pour a tablespoon or so of straight 2 cycle in the spark plug hole and give it a few turns. I'm @ 65ft above sea level, With a stock exhaust, clip in center position and a 66 jet size I get a good running engine slightly running rich which is great for break-in. After a couple tanks of fuel I'll lower the needle (raised the clip one position).
If I use a modded exhaust - well that changes everything.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I use the original chinese clone of the NT - the one with chinese characters on the slide tube - never had to rejet one of those for an unmodified motor.

Tron mobile

Mar 30, 2020
I'm 672ft above sea level so wonder what size I might need gonna try get her ripping today only seen 32 mph out of her and that's like half ass running good lol hopefully today never did this rejetting this way or at all. Oh I have two nt carbs u think the other jet same size or maybe smaller or bigger