Not starting

GoldenMotor.com

Hashbrown

Jan 15, 2018
So I finally bought and assembled my first MB.
I tried starting it for the first time and nothing. I have gas getting to the carb i primed it. All the wires look like they are going to the correct place. Any help would be much appreciated

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
hmm, 'hashbrown' any relation to user 'cornbread'?

we have a list here for nostart bikes which has step-by-step tests for why it won't start - you should go thru those steps in order

first 2 things I always check is to see if spark plug is wet with fuel, and if I can see a spark

Last edited:

Hashbrown

Jan 15, 2018
I wish i knew that yesterday:(
One problem i was having is the clutch wasnt engaging so i fixed that. I checked the magneto the connections seem good the timing looks good. Cdi connection looks okay still no spark. Im taking my son to go get a spark plug, if its not the problem at leased ill have a better one.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
best way to check for spark is to hold plug in hand with hand against motor - it can be hard to see in daylight at cranking speed

Isaiah 43:2

Hashbrown

Jan 15, 2018
I finally got it to turn over, I had to adjust the clutch. Now i have to adjust the carb so i can keep it running. Thanks for your help guys.

Hashbrown

Jan 15, 2018
I got it running and took it for a spin. I have a few minor kinks to work out but im super excited. Once again thank you guys for your help.
If you care to see it here is a youtube link.