Noob question- what do I need to do with these tubes?

chapspeterson

Mar 2, 2019
there are 2 of these tubes that aren’t connected to anything that leak fuel when the engine is off. Do I need to connect them with the filter that came with the kit?

Also, when I turn the fuel valve to on, some fuel will seep out the fuel lines though I have them securely on there. Is this common?

Thank you.

Attachments

simonbauman

Mar 1, 2019
not sure what they are for but you could try turning them up so they wont leak out. sorry i couldn't help more

MatCauthon137

May 12, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
there are 2 of these tubes that aren’t connected to anything that leak fuel when the engine is off. Do I need to connect them with the filter that came with the kit?
On a 2 stroke, those would be the drain tubes/overflow. It's normal for fuel to come out of those when the engine is shut off. You do not need to connect them to anything else.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Looks like a 4stroke to me, Chaps doesn't specify. I think simonbau may be right. Vents should be higher than the bowl. I run only 2 strokers. Many 4 strokers here though. Hang tight someone knowing will come along. By the way - welcome and best of luck.

Reactions: indian22