Non US/European Motorized Bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Listed as a Japanese Marutomo "Fido" on a Brazilian page. It's possibly a Marutomo bike with a Garellli Fido engine.

Indonesian friction driver with Ilo engine. The frame is a French style, but there is no info to confirm

1953 58cc Nishio Type M, Japan

1953 Comet Motors Corp ad, Japan

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Maruuchi, early 1950s

Unnamed Korean freight bike, but the engine is probably a Minarelli

Last edited:
Reactions: joss

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Motorella, Brazil

Motorella S1

Japanese motor show Suzuki concept bike. 4 stroke engine fuelled by lpg

35cc Indonesian2 stroke

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Suzuki Diamond Free trike

Nice Cuban riquimbili

Martucci, South America

Cuban trike

Cuban quad

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Auto clutch Indonesian

From the same builder, plunger rear suspension

1900-1901 ish Wood tricycle, New Zealand

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
1954 Toyo T9

1985 TAS301 in Asama museum, Japan

Tired but happy Suzuki Diamond Free in Suzuki's museum

A multinational photographed in Japan, a 1929 Fongers bike (Holland) and an ?MX-5 friction driver

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Goodness Gracious!

Having the point of engine contact with the ground 5 feet or so to the operator's right would seem like it would cause some serious handling issues.

It's probably okay at cruising speeds. But there's likely to be trouble in low speed, low clearance situations.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I don't know, it looks like the bike is only there to steer and keep the left of the chair from rubbing on the ground. That means the mass/weight is closer to the drive wheel, and will be ok as this way of doing things has been around for ages.

I wonder, if there's a person riding the bike part, it's probable that the engine is there as an aid to the cyclist, rather than a replacement.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Rudge bike with 23cc Sears TAS, Brazil

2001 Honda patent application pic from a Spanish site

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Brazilian Gioello motor

ILO 60cc on a Brazilian Mercswiss bike

Guess where this one is being sold

Ancient English Humber bicycle with an MX-5 engine, Indonesia

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
A page from a Japanese reference book

http://30w.blog123.fc2.com/blog-entry-237.html

Translated via Googlemangle:

In my eaves, rare came. It is the engine of Miyapetto of 1960.
When I bother you to your house of the person familiar with mopeds of 50-60's the other day, the thing that we have received in exchange for removing car C200 parts of me. Thank you! And until you this engine, myself did not know in detail the bike called "Miyapetto". . . Hey I'm a bike that had been made of Miyata Seisakusho famous by bicycle now. Engine that we receive is like a thing of the 1960 model of [Miyapetto A20]. Making it the maximum speed 65km 2.8 horsepower, 2-speed with 50cc. Evolved into a 3-speed, 5 horsepower to become "Miyapetto sports", is like there to prototype vehicles of up muffler equipped with this engine later. Were exhibited single also events of the other day. Frame of the press & pipe made is interesting. Mechanism of the shift pedal around, too is exquisite. . . . Even so lovely engine! I like the engine with the cylinder head and egg-shaped. The weight is also very light, I can have easy one-handed. ~ ♪ I wonder good for this kind of trade-mark of Miyata will contain firmly on the cover. It is a mark that you see today. It seems to be easy to Shine entire round. . . We will polish in the kitchen supplies that I bought at a convenience store. It came become beautiful state is surprisingly well overall, Dropping the rust and mud. Not terrible fixation screws also, we have succeeded in opening the generator side cover. Sprocket Furamagu a rather small from the bottom, of a strange shape came out on the cover inside. Furamagu is the type with a built-in ignition coil inside. Sprocket. . . How did this happen and reduced? How was the kind of shape from the original or even? ? It is a form of tooth mystery. Loosening the nuts, it was the type which is fixed in the Woodruff key. Mechanism that seems to gear shifter on the back, clutch lever pull type of wire was attached. Among which had been fixed, but will continue to Shine clean, it now works properly with raveling (^ ^) I think engine waist on, and let's check by opening the right case cover next time.

Honda Model F

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
South American build with Italian Mosquito friction driver in a French frame

From Brazil, a Taxi Mundial with a Rabeneick Cyclemaster

1910 375cc Lewis, Australia

Found while surfing, what appears to be a Japanese handbok for a locally assembled and/or made Kreidler K50

Last edited: