No Spark, help please!!

GoldenMotor.com

stormyshadows

May 8, 2018
Scr
Well I have had a somewhat similar problem with flooding it Jett flooded while I was trying to start it. The way I fixed it is by removing the spark plug, emptying the carb bowl with the screw that’s on it, turning the petcok in the off position, draining the fuel line then pedaling the bike with the clutch engaged but not too fast to where’s i damage the cylinder wall.
The screw that connects to the pipe for the whole carb?

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
There is a screw at the bottom of the carb light right at the bottom. It should have a gasket behind it.

stormyshadows

May 8, 2018
Well I have had a somewhat similar problem with flooding it Jett flooded while I was trying to start it. The way I fixed it is by removing the spark plug, emptying the carb bowl with the screw that’s on it, turning the petcok in the off position, draining the fuel line then pedaling the bike with the clutch engaged but not too fast to where’s i damage the cylinder wall.
I just did all that now, how much do I pedal while it's empty?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
But the reason my engine didn’t start is because he said fuel is sitting in the crankcase and is not going into the cylinder. It is flooding the crankcase and when gas does go in the cylinder it will flood the engine. So he said the engine is toast.
Your engine very well be toast, but all you need to do to clear the fuel out of the crank case is turn off the fuel and pull the plug, then pedal with your clutch out up and down the street a couple of times, most all the fuel goes out the spark plug hole, but a small amount down the tail pipe too.
Leave the clutch out until no more fuel comes out.

I have a pretty good electronic tutorial for Skyhawk ignition systems here.
http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=623

Personally I can't stand the stock ugly wiring so I replace it ;-}

Thats the 'pretty side'. I use black double insulated 2 conductor cable that looks like a pull cable.

The 'ugly' side.

Hope that helps ya ;-}

stormyshadows

May 8, 2018
I just got this engine 2 days ago why would it be toast already

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I just got this engine 2 days ago why would it be toast already
you should read thru the 'no start' thread and follow steps there - best then to start your own thread with what you find to keep your problem from being confused with the problem from this thread

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
Go to your profile name on the top right, click on it, go to conversations, then start a new conversation. Hope you find your problem.

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
I tried it with the old spark plug that came with the kit and basically got a lot of jerking in the engine because it was trying to start but I never got it going. I also took the plug cap off and tried it and I got no jerking so I know it's trying to start. Not sure what to do now

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
I am going to start a new thread for this issue, it feel like I have used this one enough and the whole spark issue is over. It will be called, tries but won’t start.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I am going to start a new thread for this issue, it feel like I have used this one enough and the whole spark issue is over. It will be called, tries but won’t start.
You were given the steps just a few posts up.
If you choose to not to follow them a new thread won't help.

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
I started a new thread because his one was about spark issue which I realized was never actually a problem for me. I had a new problem that it wouldnt start even with spark this thread is now useless to me which is why I started a new one.

Swybud

Apr 24, 2019
So what did you do to get your motorized bike running call me 561-935-7017
I am 100 percent sure there is no spark. I first used the most famous method holding the plug on the engine and pushing the bike. Then I put a screw driver in the cdi where the spark plug would connect and put it near the engine so I should see some kind of electricity from the screwdriver to the engine and got nothing. I know the spark plugs work because I put them into an old weed eater and tested for spark and they gave out spark. I have used all these methods of testing before on other engines and saw spark from them
Mike