New rider from Illinois

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Slowrollers, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Slowrollers

Slowrollers New Member

Hello Everyone , Im new to the MB seen ,But have been wrenching and riding MOPEDS for a long while now.With the new Il law it looks like there will be plenty more guys/gals out crusing soon.I hope to meet some of you.

Im currently building a panama jack cruiser with a 66cc grubee slant head,cnc carb.It should be done shortly Im taking some build pics to show you all .

Y buy one motor when you can buy two :) so I plan on using the other engine on a mountain bike(more research needed here) that might be a while after I carefully build the Pj cruiser to my likings.

Anyone in the chitown area (im out in the west burbs) want to meet up and ride or wrench give me a shout. I think its way more fun riding with others.fall season rides are the best!!!!!!!
    r.ly.

Peace out ,
    Bryan

2. Nougat

Nougat New Member

I'm in Kendall county. Truck your bike out sometime and we'll go. I've been hoping for a riding partner!

If you have any peds for sale, I might be interested in those, too. Heck, bring a ped to ride, I can keep up. And let me know if you need any build help, I might be able to come lend a hand.

3. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the ride.
    Tom

4. Slowrollers

Slowrollers New Member

Thanks guys!

I like fun & cheap hobbys......keeps me out of trouble.....

I built this tomos last year It was intresting to see it come together.Riding it is a blast.

Attached Files:

5. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

That is sweet, I really like it (^) Welcome to the forum.

6. kipharley

kipharley New Member

Welcome,Slowrollers.Panama,Jack isn't that a Huffy? If it is I would strongly advise you either change out the rear wheel or install a clincher brake.Those coaster brakes have a tendency to unravel under heavy use.Kip.

7. Slowrollers

Slowrollers New Member

A soild brake system is a must on any vechile.Most of the moped drum brakes are weak for as fast as they go (35-40mph)

The coaster brake on this huffy stops as fast as useing your feet.... so a front brake wll be added