New "retro" helmet

GoldenMotor.com

junglepig

Oct 28, 2018
Georgia
helmet.jpg

I got this new DOT approved helmet today. A DOT approved helmet is necessary to be legal in Georgia on a MB.
The goggles are cheap and may restrict my peripheral vision too much, but they do fit over my glasses.
LOL, my daughter said they made me look 10 years younger though. She described them a "steampunk."
I agree.
It has a zip off portion that the ad described as a "scarf" that keeps my neck warm in the cool weather. I like this feature.
Back when I rode motorcycles, I always preferred a full-face helmet for safety. This is my first half face helmet. I'd be interested in what you guys think of it as far as safety gear.

I'm not selling these or anything, just sharing what I got. I won't link to it, but if you search for "DOT German Brown Leather Motorcycle Half Face Helmet Biker Goggles & Scarf Retro" on eBay you'll probably find it.
I only paid $23 for it shipped and it came in about 6 days.

junglepig

Oct 28, 2018
Georgia
I discovered them awhile back. Promised myself one of these for replacement of my full face I use now. I really do love the look. Come in dif color configs too.
I like the look too. When I bought it, I was not hep to the difference between DOT approval and Snell approval.
If I start doing any significant riding with traffic, I'll upgrade my head protection. I'm still waiting on parts on the slow boat to get all my lighting set up for street use.
I'm a believer in protecting my head. TBI is not something to take lightly.

Hickory Hill

May 13, 2019
Santa Fe
Just dont crash...or youll look 20 years older without teeth! I was looking at these too, i like the zip off portion for summer... ok, maybe ill do this

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I had seen those vintage helmets, but without the DOT approval. Perfect for riding a board tracker riders.

Hickory Hill

May 13, 2019
Santa Fe
I understand alot of the DOT certs are bogus anyways... these companies skirt or cheat on DOT regs that are from like 1983 or something...

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
  • Similar to mine. Does the job - and looks a lot cooler than a bicycle helmet. Full face lid on a board tracker is just overkill imho.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I wouldn't wear a bicycle helmet riding a M/B. Wear a M/C helmet
You have your choice of many types M/C helmets
1/2 helmet
3/4 helmet
Full Face helmet
Helmets with face shields or helmets with a sun visor

It's up to you to choose the style and brand M/C helmet that fits you the most comfortably
I suggest going to a M/C store and trying on helmets.