New Phatmoto Rover2 build had right peddle crank interference with engine

GoldenMotor.com

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
Just received my new bike from Gasbike.net and after assembly I discovered the right pedal interferes with the pull starter housing by at least 1/2 inches. Does anyone here have a suggestion what could be the cause of this Glitch?
I measured the protrusion of the shaft on the left and right sides and found them to be very different. Left protrusion 1.8 inches and right side protrusion is only 1.1 inches. This could explain why the right pedal is striking the engine. Does anyone know if it is possible to move the shaft laterally to the right?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Just received my new bike from Gasbike.net and after assembly I discovered the right pedal interferes with the pull starter housing by at least 1/2 inches. Does anyone here have a suggestion what could be the cause of this Glitch?
I measured the protrusion of the shaft on the left and right sides and found them to be very different. Left protrusion 1.8 inches and right side protrusion is only 1.1 inches. This could explain why the right pedal is striking the engine. Does anyone know if it is possible to move the shaft laterally to the right?
Bottom bracket is in backwards most likely

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
Cartridge type only goes in one way, I believe.
5-7HEAVEN that's the way it should be for sure. I found that it could be put in either way but only one way is correct, otherwise there will be excessive clearance on the left side and less than zero on the right. I don't know how many bikes are shipped with incorrect orientation, but when it happens on yours you have a real problem and you are on your own to find a solution.

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
I myself call it old timer disease, but you out rank me David. Got more photos of your builds?
Yes Tom, glad to oblige. I am starting my third version of a hybrid Beach Cruiser just for old guys. This time we have added an Australian HybeiPed Hybrid Pedal Sprocket, so I will have the option of electric assisted pedaling without chain drag or, when I am up for a thrill I can pop in the pip pins and jump start the 66 cc China Girl 2 stroke engine. Installed the free wheeling pedal assembly from a Jack-shaft kit and connect the outer sprocket to a 24 volt scooter motor. the first thing we discovered was the bicycle chain did not fit the forward sprocket so after lots of googling a wider bicycle chain meant for single speed road bikes, known as a speed chain ran nicely on the new forward sprocket and also against all claims ran in the rear derailleur changer/tensioner unit.
Map My Ride Oct. 14.jpg

Beach Cruiser Version I

Attachments

Last edited: