New member and my new Bike build

GoldenMotor.com

racerguy

Jun 19, 2012
Michigan
Hi all I am new here and hope to learn a lot and maybe share a little too. I am a custom painter from up in Port Huron MI and just finished my second bike. Here is my new build its a firmstrong stretch rebel. My son already wants it. Thanks Derrick

Attachments

SkasualFailure

Jun 9, 2012
Ohio
Nice, I am feeling the custom gas tank even if I am not crazy about the scheme. (nothing personal, from an artist standpoint I can admire the finesse, just not my style.) Though I do have a quick question, what is with the exhaust facing up and forward? Wouldn't that, ya know. . . blow the fumes right back into your face?

racerguy

Jun 19, 2012
Michigan
Re: exhaust in my face

It did at first but a 90 degree copper elbow solved that it blows sideways. I almost destroyed the muffler trying to bend the pipe it just won't fit the stretch frame. I still might do a custom exhaust

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very nice bike, racer. Welcome to the forum.
Use the Google Custom Search feature and check out what others have done for custom exhaust systems. 1/2" or 3/4" EMT, electrical conduit, lends itself well to making a system that will fit your frame. The issue with the upward slant to the muffler is that it will soon clog with oil than can't be blown out and will pool at the low end. Another reason it's not a good idea is the potential for burns.
Thanks for sharing.
Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

racerguy

Jun 19, 2012
Michigan
Very nice bike, racer. Welcome to the forum.
Use the Google Custom Search feature and check out what others have done for custom exhaust systems. 1/2" or 3/4" EMT, electrical conduit, lends itself well to making a system that will fit your frame. The issue with the upward slant to the muffler is that it will soon clog with oil than can't be blown out and will pool at the low end. Another reason it's not a good idea is the potential for burns.
Thanks for sharing.
Have fun, ride safe.
Tom
Yea and I noticed oil running down the exhaust making making a mess so i just bought some pipe to make a new one tomorrow. I can't have this bike dripping oil people might think its a HARLEY. Thanks for your help Tom