New From San Antonio, TX

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 210Don, Feb 16, 2011.

1. 210Don

210Don New Member

Hey everyone, my name is Don from San Antonio. I just finished my very first build, A 2 stroke 49cc(advertised as 49cc, actuality is more like a 30 or 35cc.) daemonbikes.com. The bike is a 26in Schwinn lakeshore cruiser, and I must say it looks good with a motor. I'm having some issues with the Throttle impacting with the brake lever, I hope to have this fixed soon. I'm also having issues with the clutch lever being too close to the front brake lever, do you guys know of any solution to that? aside from these issues, I've been riding around about 15-16mph on average and she seems to be running pretty smooth and I've got a little while before shes fully broken in. I should have some pics posted on my pro soon. If there are any other riders from San Antonio, I'd really enjoy meeting up for a ride or maybe just getting a few tips on these motors. Thanks a lot.
    Don
    http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/drn2.gif

2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome Don, glad you joined us.

If I understand correctly you are using the clutch and brake on the same side? Have you considered using a dual pull lever for both your brakes? That would free up your handlebars and allow only the clutch on one side, brakes on the other.

3. 210Don

210Don New Member

Yeah my front break and clutch lever are both on the left side. However I just bought a clutch/break lever combo yesterday online and hope to have it in and installed by saturday morning. From what I understand the break sits in normal position and the clutch is on the bottom for your thumb and has a clutch release under the break. If I'm guessing correctly the clutch lever ratchets and locks in place. GasBike - Shopping Cart I'll post more on this when i get it in.drn2

4. 210Don

210Don New Member

I've also fixed the break lever/ throttle impact issue. just had to arrange the gear switch to the left of the break lever, now all is well.

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I think TIKI is in San Antonio.

6. vvomit

vvomit New Member

I'm in San Antonio. From what I have heard there are supposed to be some people meeting in Brackenridge Park tomorrow @ 3:00.

#6 vvomit, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  7. Cannonfish

Cannonfish New Member

A question for you guys in San Antonio - are the police tolerant of MBs in the city? I'm asking because I'll moving out there in a couple of months. Thanks!

8. vvomit

vvomit New Member

I haven't had any trouble.

9. 210Don

210Don New Member

The MB rally has been moved to next saturday. Its by Brackenridge park, and we may take a ride through. vvomit, what side of town do you live?

10. vvomit

vvomit New Member

I'm in Alamo Heights.

11. 210Don

210Don New Member

Oh wow, so its only a 2mi ride to brack from ur place. I live all the way down by Old pearsall rd. The five palms area.

12. 210Don

210Don New Member

[email protected] < (This guy is in charge of the whole deal, I'm sure he wouldn't have a prob with me re-posting it)

DUE TO THE WET WEATHER WE WILL BE POSTPONING THE EVENT UNTIL NEXT SATURDAY ! SAME TIME SAME PLACE ! DO YOU HAVE A MOTORIZED BICYCLE? GAS OR ELECTRIC?

YOU WANNA MEET AND GREET WITH SOME OTHER FOLKS THAT ARE INTO THESE ALTERNATE FORMS OF GETTING AROUND?

EVEN IF YOU ARE JUST LOOKING INTO GETTING ONE BUT HAVE A BUNCH OF QUESTIONS!!

THIS WOULD BE THE PLACE FOR BOTH!!

WE WILL BE MEETING AT 2PM THIS SUNDAY NEAR BRACKENRIDGE PARK.
    THE ADDRESS IS 308 FUNSTON PLACE SAN ANTONIO TX. 78209 THEN WE'LL TAKE A LAID BACK RIDE THROUGH THE PARK, AND AROUND TO THE PEARL BREWERY
    THEN BACK TO THE PARK FOR HANGING OUT OR WHATEVER... IF THE TURNOUT IS GOOD ENOUGH WE MAY IMPROVISE A BBQ ?

IF INTERESTED E-MAIL BACK AND INCLUDE " MOTOBIKERIDE" IN HEADING OR CALL (210)449-1550
    IF YOU NEED ANY MORE DETAILS...

IT IS THE FIRST AND HOPEFULLY NOT LAST RIDE OF IT'S KIND IN SAN ANTONIO!!

EVERYONE SHOULD MOTORIZE THEIR RIDE!!!

13. 210Don

210Don New Member

If anyone lives in the SW portion of san antonio and wants to ride up there together, just let me know.

14. Cessna Dude

Cessna Dude New Member

Hey guys, I'm in San Antonio too. Have a Schwinn Jaguar with a 66cc kit installed. Am new to motorized biking and would love to get together with you guys for rallies/rides. PM me and I'll give you my cell number if interested. Thanks!

15. 210Don

210Don New Member

hey cessna, welcome. what side of town do you live on?

16. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Custom MB Buiilder

Cessna A quick welcome from me. Always wanted to ride my MB on the river walk. (c)

17. Cessna Dude

Cessna Dude New Member

Hey guys I live on the north side of SA close to 1604 and Huebner. I'm going to PM both of you my phone number. Maybe we can get a local club going or at least get out for some rides, etc?

18. F_Rod81

F_Rod81 Dealer

Welcome to the forum, good to have another member

19. Medicsgirl

Medicsgirl New Member

Hello guys and gals. I have been on this forum for a few months, and stumbled onto this thread. I am also in San Anonio. Is any one from San Antonio still on this site? I would really love to meet some of the locals and get to know you all.

I saw you were all trying to get a MB fun run together. How did that go? I have seen at least 3 others MB's in town in my travels by bus, including the kid that is doing my builds. We are already talking about doing a run with him, my hubby and me. If any one wants to join us, please let us know. We would welcome the company. Any excuse to fire up the grill, eh?

20. paul

paul Active Member