New from Louisiana

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by F73ME, Oct 1, 2012.

1. F73ME

F73ME New Member

Hey guys, I'm a student at LSU in mechanical engineering. I joined this site mostly to try to help others from what I've learned on my first build and to hopefully get advice from others.

My gf and I built a motorized bike about a week and a half ago (she is also a ME), and we loved it. I bought the kit from King's Bike Motors, and already I snapped the chain before the bike has even been broken in. are there any recommendations for a better chain than the stock 415 that comes with the HT's? I've got a #41 on order as a replacement because I've read elsewhere here that it's a better setup and will fit the sprockets. Anyways, glad to join this site!

2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum F73ME glad you joined us.

3. F73ME

F73ME New Member

Thank you! Any info regarding the chain?

4. JonnyR

JonnyR New Member

i run the 415 or a KMC 410hd chain and haven't had any problems but the #41 will be more than strong enough for a HT engine

5. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

I always run #41 chain on all my builds. I never mess with the kit chains it saves lots of aggravation.

6. biknut

biknut Active Member

I run this 415 on all my bikes, and have thousands of miles on them with no problems. A good thing about these chains is they're more narrow than the stock ones, so you get a little more tire clearance.

http://www.piratecycles1.com/kmcin415ch.html