New Carby Design

GoldenMotor.com

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Trying to find out a little bit more info as in Austarlia now there is a new carby design which has also a remote choke which is mounted on the handle bars, anyone has one or knows about them, any good? better than the older type?

Cheers

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Ive noticed it on one of the suppliers web site down here, I have thought about creating my own too, as Im new to this, nearly wrote myself off against a stobie pole while searching for the flippin choke, but I must admit Ive got used to it & its second nature to locate it now.

RLorange

Jun 21, 2008
Australia
I know the one from zbox.com.au

Its a Dellorto style carby with proper emulsion circuit and an idle mixture screw.

I found this thread on a rival forum with cool pics.

Upgraded Carb - Page 2 - MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum

Also from all my hours of research I reckon this carby is the best bet. It should clamp on with no worries to the stock manifold and is designed for 2-stroke engines. I have a larger 19mm PHBG replica which I am close to getting tuned and running. The 15mm would be ideal.

PHBG 15mm AS Carb (Clamp On Style) 2 Cycle [D0-2518] - $95.17 : Dellorto Carburetors, And parts for you.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Walbro has the high and low Idle adjustment . I think thats pretty good odds of dialing the CH in nicely.wee.