New Build...Street Fighter style...

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
She is coming along. Slowly, but surely. The bulk of the build/install is done with just a handful of small, detail, minor things. Just been hard to get a decent amount of time lately with work, daughter going back to school, and competing and training since running season is starting back up. I will post more/better pics as I get her buttoned up!

20140812_204421.jpg

dance1 xct2

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Its a catch can. My crankcase vent and breather tube will all be going to it. It's not really needed, but looks kinda cool......

I will actually have the whole afternoon today to work on the bike...if it doesn't rain

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
Looking fantastic Mike! If it makes it easier, you could rotate that pull starter so it pulls more to the rear tire direction instead of forward like it is now. I'd think sitting in the seat and starting it would put more strain on the pull cord from what I'm seeing.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Thanks Dutch!!

I was planning on doing that just havent got around to it yet. LOL! Hopefully I will make some good progress today...fingers crossed!

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Looks good Mike (^)!!! I've been thinking about getting one of those frames before they are no more or go back up in price.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I made some progress tonight. Just have to figure out my exhaust and then little detail work. I will post a few pics. I will resize the rest tomorrow at work. She don't look like much, but she'll be fun to ride!

image.jpg

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Here's another view. Hopefully I will be finishing all the detail work this weekend. Instead of using zip ties I will be using safety wire..thanks Jeff! I will be swapping out the vent lines, exhaust, cleaning, buffing, etc.....

image.jpg

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Here are a few pics of my front motor mount. From the advice of another member, I incorporated the motor mount that is on the frame. It was a little tricky getting it to look decent and get it to work, but I think it came out ok. The engine is nice and solid.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Caught a little bit of a hang up with my engine not starting. Been preoccupied with that. I'm gonna pull it back off and start all over with the engine build. I had to of missed something.....sry for not having any updates. Will have some soon.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well...some good news. I will be off for a 4 day weekend and will try to get some more work done. Bad new...so many darn plans for this weekend. Don't ya just hate when life gets in the way sometimes? LOL! Just wanted to let you guys know I haven't abandoned the thread. And some other news...don't know if it's good or bad but last night when looking the bike over my OCD kicked in! Then my mind started wandering.....oh boy! This hobby is so addicting!

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
Mike, that bike is looking awesome!! I really like the engine mount. So what was the issue to it not wanting to start up before?

Also I can't quite tell but what kind of exhaust are you running?

Oh and one more thing, where did you get the carb and manifold setup? I have been looking for a setup like that except a manifold that would work with the way I have my motor mounted.
Considering the issue I have with AGK right now and the fact that they never responded to me when they would have more manifolds available for the 79cc I'd like to know if there is another source.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I do not really know what the issue was with it not starting. All I did was completely tear down the whole engine and put it back together with new gaskets and new spark plug.

Right now the exhaust is just the stock manifold. I have an exhaust flange from AGK and will be picking up some 1" O.D. 304 stainless .065" wall thickness tubing and making an exhaust. Although I am looking into some minibike exhausts. I found one that I think will work, but it is a little pricey.

The carb and manifold I got from AGK. Great upgrade!! The manifold is actually designed for that carb and a horizontally mounted engine. All I did was cut one flange off and rotate it then welded it back up. If the manifolds are not in stock, you could try this one....

https://www.affordablegokarts.com/m...ode=A&Product_Code=2324&Category_Code=MTRBK79

But, that carb is an excellent upgrade and when used with the 1" manifold you can notice the difference.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Sounds good Mike. Glad to hear that things are up and running again. My setup is basically the same except I didn't get my parts from AGK. I tried full 1" exhaust and didn't like it. Good top end and that was it, just not enough back pressure. I switched to a 7/8"OD setup and it has great power at all ranges; especially after I added the bigger carb. If your going to run straight exhaust without a muffler then this will help with the needed back pressure. I run the 99cc so I don't know for sure if results will be the same for the 79cc, but should be close. I think most mini bike exhausts are around 7/8".

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Thanks Frank. I will definitely keep that in mind when I go to the metal supply shop tomorrow. I ran 7/8 O.D. (handle bars) exhaust on my last set up and it ran really well.

Here are a few pics of how it sits now. Waiting on new chains and a few odds and ends....

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg