Needing a hub mounted sprocket for .8" to 1"

GoldenMotor.com

SUPERBROMO

Dec 12, 2017
Okay. So I've tried searching a bunch on many forums and sites and k
I can't seem to find anything that will fit my Raleigh USA Heat. The rear hub is little less than an inch and most hub mounted sprockets from anywhere only seem to goto and inch or more. Curious if anyone knows of one I can get or a way to make an inch one work.

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Find a piece of tubing (metal) that the adapter will clamp to and has an ID that will fit the hub. Split it and then clamp it all on the hub. Worst case would be you would have to have someone bore the sleeve out to fit the hub if you cannot find some tubing the right thickness. You could also just make some shims up by using sheet aluminum T-0 the right thickness and just roll it up. Larry

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
"Don't like shims, twice as easy to move if there is any slippage or movement............Curt"

Perhaps you would prefer duct tape? If a shim it the only way to get one to fit then I think it is a preferred method. If you are worried about slipping you can pin it in. Such negativity around this place. I have a piece of rifle barrel that is 1.055, so just tell me the exact dimensions inside and out and I will make you one for free. Larry

Hickstylez

Dec 25, 2017
What curt had said and what happened was miss communicatin' y'all were not being negative neither of you. In fact both of y'all contributed to his issue. In 2 different ways. So may I re iterate... curt said to weld the inside clamping surface of the hub adapter with a line or bead/beads depending on skill level then use a grinder to fine tune it so it will clamp tightly on the hub.. now Larry said if u really needed too u could roll up a six pack of beer cans cut to size and clamp that bad of on if need be yeah it'll slip but work for a little bit u could also drill a hole in the adapter and use a threading tap bit to tap the hole with threads then drive a bolt into it as a set screw... these are all ideas and could all be used if need

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
I wasn't really thinking of beer cans, but perhaps getting the raw material would be fun too. I was more thinking of buying a small sheet of T-0 (dead soft) aluminum sheet that would shim a 1 inch adapter down to the size of the hub. Then form the sheet to the hub before you put on the adapter. If I were to pin it on I would pin it to the adapter not the hub. Personally I would probably use some green locktight sleeve retaining compound on both parts and I think life would be good. P.S. It really can't slip far, there are spokes in the way. Larry