NEED HELP- mounting a 2 stroke engine on Jeep Mountain Bike

GoldenMotor.com

husamwadi

Jun 7, 2009
Cape Girardeau
I've got this Jeep Commanche TS Mountain/Suspension bike from Toyz R Us(pimp, right? :p),
and i need help mounting a 2 stroke engine on it. I was wondering if there was any way to mount the engine in the front because it's definatly not a V shaped frame. If there is ABSOULTLY no way you can mount it in the front, then how can i mount it in the back?

-any help appreciated, thx!

usflg

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sorry, but that bike will not lend itself well to a 2 stroke, in-frame installation. It is not impossible but the work involved will require some serious fabrication and alterations to the basic bike. If I were you and was intent on using that bike I'd explore a rack mount engine. Rack mount means the engine is mounted over the rear wheel. Check this vendor for ideas and pricing. bicycle engine kit, bike engine, bicycle engine, bicycle motor Hope this helps.
Tom

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
could simply use a chopper frame mount ( like what the Schwinn OCC choppers use ). build a rack that it would attach to, and run the kit that way.. would be kinda screwey but that's the only way I can see a china 2 stroke working...

actully at the cheapness of the parts and availability for the China engines, I can see that mount being useful to put the china engines in many things.. Go Karts, minibikes, ect...

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I agree with Fair. Put it on the back wheel. You can find some way to
mount a rack to fit your rear triangle and use a rack mount motor.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
One Thing To Remember, The Gas Tank Outlet Has To Be Higher That The Top Of The Carb, Gravity Feed System. Nice Bike! Ron ...............cvlt1

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
One Thing To Remember, The Gas Tank Outlet Has To Be Higher That The Top Of The Carb, Gravity Feed System. Nice Bike! Ron ...............cvlt1
doesn't have to be.. it can be level with it.. just would need a primer bulb to create a siphon.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i like that rear mount idea.

that reminds me: my gas tank is mounted on the rear rack and i have to prime like 3-4 times before starting my bike,my tank is almost level with carb or slighty above it,so i think i will try and raise the tank another inch or two and see if it helps.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just an off the wall thought, but your bike looks like it would fit a morini motor under the down tube. That would be awesome.

Big bucks and some fabing though.