My Victa 167CC turbo BMX

GoldenMotor.com

SP2333

Sep 19, 2008
Took the bike off the stand today to get some measurements for the foot rest positioning. Heaps of room...
The pics give a better idea of the proportions...

Spikedfox

Sep 14, 2008
for foot position ide just use bmx pegs on the front tire, that thig wont want to turn except by leaning anyway if you turned the handlebars to much at 45 miles an hour with that little road traction youd be lucky not to flip the thing ide bet (guessing really) lol

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Where's the pedals??? With pedals you don't need no pegs which makes it not a motorized bike but a motorcycle. Half the fun is using the foot thingies to keep it going.

jerseykat1

i am so very impressed. That turbo is huge is that a t3/t4 will that little engine be able to spool that turbo? the power will come on like a sledgehammer when that big as turbo spools up. You should put a front mount inter cooler on it. that would be sick lol.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Excellent problem solving and very nice craftsmanship on the parts you had to create. The only problem that I see is that the turbo will have zero effect on a piston ported engine. The boost will push the burnt charge out of the cylinder better but that is about all it is going to do. On the other hand gas mileage will be much lower since you're now increasing the amount of unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

Hmmm. If the turbo gets hot enough it might make a good afterburner!

Irregardless it is a nicely crafted and interesting bike and it should be at least as much fun as the other one you built.

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I do not see how that can work. The engine has no intake and exhaust valves other than piston port valve or rotary type valving. You really need overhead valving and control other wise the pressure built on the intake side will simply flow through the combustion chamber unspent and the turbo effect will cancel out. Also, with such a large turbo, I do not think the engine exhaust will have the power to spool it up. A Mitsu TC105 Turbo would also be to large for such a small engine. Also, your typical 2 stroke engine with no overhead valves has a pretty high compression. Around 90lbs or higher static. This compression is too high for a turbo and will blow the motor apart. That is if it would work in the first place. Which I do not think it will. There are 3 things you would need for correct turbo effect for starters, and that is a lower compression motor typically 6:1 or so, the right size turbo the the size motor, and valving to contain the compressed fuel air mixture. But.. I may be wrong since I have never ever turbo an engine with no overhead valving. I have never seen one. Does not mean it can not be done. So.. What I am saying I will make sure is made from Chocolate, because I may have to eat it. But again.. I have never seen it done and I do not see how it can work on this style motor I see in the pictures. But.. Hey.. Give it a shot and let us know. Wear a cup !!! Enjoy the ride.....

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
A few more thoughts on this.... Where is the oil coming from to cool and lube the Turbo? Since you are using a non over head valve type motor, then you are running premix. Or? Also.. A good running 170cc 2 stroke can make 35-45 hp normally aspirated. with a Turbo, that can be bumped up to 60-70hp. For starters, anything over 10hp or so can break a normal bike wheel. I do not see a chain drive system. Are you using a pinch roller? Yikes !! And yes, compressed air type 2 strokes have been around for decades. But keep in mind, they are over head valve type 2 strokes. Yours is not. I did see a Snowmobile 2 stroke with a turbo. I am sure they have a Exhaust power valve to control or help control the exhaust and compressed air. Seems complicated to do on a non over head valve engine. My feeling is that your bike is for show, and never intended for go. And.. For that.. You have a show. !! And.. For that.. I say.. Good show !!! Enjoy the ride...