My "second" BoyGoFast built on Takara frame

GoldenMotor.com

hackrtanman

May 22, 2012
Vashon Island
My original bike frame that I was going to use for this motor broke a few spokes because the sprocket came loose and bend, thus breaking some spokes. Also, because this was a re-badged Huffy bike for Shucks. It had a very hard to find rim size, and couldn't replace it. So I then found this at the same place I got my last one, both of which I bought for around 8 bucks each. Runs on BoyGoFast, and is a VERY tight fit, mainly for the carb. I may put a new air filter on later, Ill post a picture of it later, but its actually an oil filter for a Suzuki motorcycle. I also didn't like the throttle, was too cheap for me, and I in the midst of finding a new one, but temporarily, I have the throttle hooked up to and old 7 speed shifter. This works awesomely. Then the clutch is attached to the 3 speed front shifter. This also works awesomely, and means I don't have to use the brake handle. Anyways, here are the pictures, hopefully this one will last!

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I used a Helicoil's on two of the four head bolts, opposing corners. If someone has a stripped headbolt, not bother getting a new case, the threads will only last for so long. These, on the other hand, will last much better, because they are not a low quality metal. Plus, this was fairly easy to do, just get the right kit and drill.

Attachments

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Other people have said that twist gear shifters work well for throttle controls.
I might try that.

I thought Vashon Island was probably somewhere in the south pacific/micronesia. But a Google search shows Washington state.

Where are you? Is it an island? How's the moto-biking there?

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
That's not a BoyGoFast engine, BGF is just a retailer. It's no different than buying a bag of Doritios at a Mobil gas station and saying you bought a bag of Mobil chips.

It's a Jet/Grubbe/Flying Horse/whatever engine or as we call them "Happy Time" or "China Girl" engine.

hackrtanman

May 22, 2012
Vashon Island
Yes, Vashon is in the south end of the Puget Sound, right next to Seattle. The motor biking community is probably not as big as other areas; I actually originally got into this because my dad saw some at our vintage motorcycle rally. Its a really big rally, for an island this small. I highly suggest anyone who wants to come over, try and get the date, its really awesome, at least somewhere between 250-350 motorcycles show up each year.

As for the engine, yes, I know that they are made by other companies. I just called it a BoyGoFast because that's where I bought it, just like if I got a knock-off bike from Wal-mart, I'd call it a Wal-mart bike, at least I would.