my first bike

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by linwood68, Feb 11, 2010.

1. linwood68

linwood68 New Member

my first bike and i am so excited but i got it together and i am now trying to figure out why it will not start wish me luck:-||

2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum linwood68, glad you joined us.

brnot

3. perkoff

perkoff New Member

When I first got mine together I was having a little trouble starting it and someone told me to start with the choke up and that solved the problem.

4. Brent436

Brent436 New Member

Good luck. I just recently installed my new 48cc Grubbee Skyhawk on my bike and I'm still having trouble getting it running. I do recommend changing the stock spark plug with a better one because mine is firing a lot more often with a new champion plug. It was barely firing at all with the stock plug. Good luck!

-Brent

5. Blakenstein

Blakenstein New Member

Try post ur trouble in the chat room, if ur still having trouble....u will get fast instant responce from one or more experts.
    U probably got it runnin by now any way.
    If not,don't be impateint, and don't be so sad....ur motor is brand new and it will eventualy start. It will fire up, and when it does,ur gonna be alot more than happy!!! -a lot more like overwhelmed.

Attached Files:

6. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

There are a few people here more knowledgeable than myself, but I remembered something that I haven't seen mentioned yet: have you checked the plug gap? That gave me trouble with my Puch until I thought to check it. (That, and Perkoff beat me to the punch with the choke suggestion.) Don't give up, persist and you'll hear it run.

7. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Welcome to the best place to get help!